You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
Here to help you get settled in
Once you've met all of your offer conditions we will send you two emails.
- One email will invite you to complete online enrolment. This will require you to upload a passport style photograph which will be used to create your AUB ID card. You'll also need to upload scans or photographs of your ID. You need to complete online enrolment as soon as possible – you can't start your course until you have completed enrolment.
- The second email will contain instructions on how to set up your AUB student login. Once completed this will give you access to your AUB email account, the myAUB app (where your timetable will appear) as well as access to the free software listed below and discounted hardware from Apple and Dell.
These emails will be sent out mid-September. If you haven't received emails from AUB about your application then please contact email@example.com ASAP to ensure that your application has your correct email address.
Before you arrive
Here's a handy list of things to do before you arrive to help make your first weeks run smoothly. Check out the useful contacts list at the bottom of this page if you need help with any of these.
- Arranged for somewhere to live during your first year at AUB?
- Have you applied for your Student Loan (if applicable) or arranged fund to pay your tuition fees privately?
- Are your vaccinations up to date?
- Completed (if applicable) disability disclosure in MyApplication and provided AUB with evidence
- Purchased kit/equipment for your course?
- Undertaken any recommended pre-course reading?
- Completed your Pre-course Project (if applicable, confirmed in course information)?
- Applied for your visa (if applicable)?
- Followed AUBSU on social media to stay up to date with events and activities
- Completed online enrolment through MyApplication?
- Set up your AUB IT login to access your email
- Downloaded the myAUB app
You'll need a photograph that we will put on your student card and images of your identity documents to complete online enrolment:
Please have photographs or scans of one of the following options of ID:
- Full valid passport
- Photo ID (e.g. driving licence) plus either correspondence from Student Loans Company/Student Finance England or original birth/adoption certificate
Driving licence alone will not be accepted without the correct accompanying information as listed in option two.
If you’ve taken a loan out with Student Finance England, you’ll need to complete the online enrolment before we can confirm your registration. Once completed, SFE will release your maintenance loan to you on the first day of term.
EU, EEA and Swiss students with settled or pre-settled status:
Please have the following:
- Photograph or scan of your full valid passport
- Your Immigration status “Share Code”
Student Route Visa students:
If you’re studying on a Student Route visa or hold any other type of visa you will need all of the following to enrol:
- Full valid passport
- Visa documentation
- All original qualification certificates
Enrolment ID Check
Student ID cards are produced once we have seen the correct documentation from you
If you have any problems with online enrolment, please contact Student Records by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you haven't received emails from us about your application, then please contact email@example.com ASAP to ensure that your application has your correct email address.
- If you have problems completing online enrolment, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your AUB IT login
If you have problems setting up your AUB student login or accessing your AUB email/myAUB app then please contact email@example.com
Once you complete online enrolment you will be emailed with an individual username and password to access AUB’s online resources and computing. Upon receipt of your password, you will be asked to change this to one of your choosing. If you forget your username or password, please contact the ServiceDesk to have your account reset.
myAUB is an online portal and a smartphone app that gives students access to email, calendar information, learning environments, software training, cloud storage and details such as your timetable and course blog.
You can log in to myAUB as soon as you have your AUB username and password.
The smartphone app is available from both Android and iOS app stores by searching for "myAUB".
All students are provided with a Microsoft Office365 email account which uses your student number as the email address with your name as the alias, i.e. Sally Smith = firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is the primary way the University will keep in touch with you whilst you are studying with us.
Every AUB student is able to access the following software for free:
- Microsoft Office365 – including 1TB of cloud storage with Microsoft OneDrive
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Autodesk Suite
- LinkedIn Learning Platform training courses
- Headspace app for wellbeing
Students on some of our courses will also be provided with additional software and/or access to “remote access” to high specification resources where the course involves using large files or render computing.
AUB has arranged discounts on laptops and other hardware from Apple and Dell for our students. If you are planning on investing in a new computer to support your studies then we recommend that you wait until you have set up your AUB IT login so that you can take advantage of these discounts.
You can access these discounts by signing up to the following websites using your AUB email address:
AUB Students are encouraged to bring their own Laptop and Mobile device to AUB to support Online Learning, Collaboration and Communication whilst at University.
Before your arrival and during your first week we will be in touch to check that you have access to the hardware, software and internet connection required to take part in your course and to let you know what support is available.
This course uses both Apple and Windows computers.
- If you haven't received emails from us about your application then please contact email@example.com ASAP to ensure that your application has your correct email address.
- If you have problems completing online enrolment then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have problems setting up your AUB student login or accessing your AUB email/myAUB app then please contact email@example.com
Any questions about your application
Help with online enrolment including advising on documentation needed.
Let us know about any changes to your plans to study at AUB.
Any questions about accommodation, funding or life at AUB, or to access any of the support services.
Any queries about visas, English language support and International Orientation.
To talk to someone about tuition fees, or other financial queries.
Information about Freshers’ activities and events.