You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
Industry-engagement and our strong maker culture puts collaboration at the heart of everything we do.
Designed by renowned architect Sir Peter Cook, AUB's Innovation Studio is a unique resource for the south.
The Innovation Studio operates as a lab for creative technologies, a nucleus for start-ups and regional enterprises, and a hub for industry engagement, with a focus on collaboration, high-skills development, entrepreneurship, research, and prototyping.
Set in our state-of-the-art campus, the studio has strong links with Research and Knowledge Exchange, as well as AUB's cultural assets. The space combines flexible workspaces with access to the latest industry-standard digital and physical manufacturing equipment, as well as the expertise and wealth of knowledge from AUB’s students, technical staff and academic practitioners.
Through this exceptional space we're proud to offer:
- Seven-month Residency Programme to support start-ups
- Six-month Associate Programme for local business to test concepts and prototypes
- Access to AUB's Lab 4 Creative Technologies and other state-of-the-art resources
- Up-skilling masterclasses for professionals and businesses
- 3D Design and Modelmaking facilities and expertise
- Collaborative opportunities between industry and AUB staff and students
- Connections to Research and Knowledge Exchange
Explore how the Innovation Studio can help you and your business, or get in touch with our Innovation experts to discuss your needs.
Meet the team
The Innovation Studio is part of the wider External Engagement directorate here at AUB, and as such works closely with Research and Knowledge Exchange to drive innovative solutions to the problems of tomorrow. Likewise, we collaborate with our cultural assets, including TheGallery, MoDiP, The Library, and the Exploratorium at the Palace Court Theatre. Explore the staff you're likely to encounter when working with the Innovation Studio below.
PhD, MA, BA, PGCE (HE), CTPD
PGCert, BMus (Hons)
PhD, MSc, BA, AFHEA