Skip to main content Go to Site Map
Double page spread of a hardback book on a bright yellow background. The left-hand page shows a model walking. The right-hand has a block of text and the title 'Fashion' at the top.

Fees and financial support

Find out everything you need to know to plan your student finances including tuition fees and living costs

Fees and financial support

The thought of university-related finances can be daunting, but we want to make it as simple and hassle-free as possible for our students.

From tuition fees to living costs, we'll help you get a picture of what to expect in terms of finances when you start studying with us.


Find out what kind of financial support is on offer, how to pay tuition fees, what your fees go towards, and more.

The UK Government has introduced higher tuition fees to replace government funding for higher education.

We're committed to providing high quality, studio-based teaching and learning with strong rates of professional progression by our students. To continue to provide all our students with the highest-quality experience, support students in financial hardship, and continue to develop wider access to the University, we'll need to charge £9,250, which in effect replaces the loss in state funding.

EU students starting in the 2023/24 academic year onwards, will be charged Overseas rates unless their fee assessment indicates that they can pay the Home rate.

EU students along with other Overseas students may be eligible for scholarships, bursaries and fee waivers which may be deducted from the Overseas fee payable.

Further information can be found on our website under Foundation fees, Undergraduate fees, Postgraduate fees and Brexit EU Settlement Scheme.

Yes. Having a degree does improve your chance of getting a job and research shows that over the long term, graduates earn more than non-graduates. Research also shows that graduates are considerably more likely to be in a job than people with lower qualifications. There's far more to higher education than financial benefit. It can transform people’s lives for the better as their intellectual horizons are broadened. A higher education qualification means that you have more choice, a chance to find a job you really love now and in the future, and you can gain skills you need to progress in your career.

Your fees go towards your university experience. Most importantly, we spend the money on teaching, as well as other areas such as administration, maintenance, catering and residencies. We also try and keep a surplus to invest in things like curriculum development, facilities and equipment. To find out more, take a look at our infographic on how we spend your fees. You can find a detailed breakdown of what money we spend and where it goes in our annual accounts.

We're one of only 15 higher education institutions in the UK devoted solely to the study of art, design and media. We've been providing specialist education for over a century and enjoy a strong reputation, both nationally and internationally.

AUB is a compact institution with over 3,000 students based on one campus. We're a creative community where both staff and students share a commitment to the disciplines of art, design, media and performance.

Studying with us presents many opportunities to engage with the creative spirit that characterises life at the University. Students and staff work in partnership on an innovative programme of professional practice and research, with different disciplines, encouraged to work together.

The industry experience and engagement of our academics, and the advice and guidance of our impartial careers service, mean that our students are provided with a wide range of subject-specific and generic advice on employability.

There are likely to be some additional costs. For example, you'll need to pay for photocopying and printing, materials that you may wish to purchase for your creative activity, and educational visits which are designed to enhance the student experience and support much of the project work undertaken during the academic year. (The cost of the trip may vary from year to year and is relative to the chosen destination).

For some courses, a resource kit is essential. Further information on possible additional costs is available from your course.

If you're a UK undergraduate student, you won't have to pay your tuition fees up front. The Government will provide students with a tuition fee loan to cover the full cost of the fee and you'll only start to repay after you've left your course and once you're earning over a set amount.

There are no up-front costs for your undergraduate course. You can get a loan to cover the costs of your tuition, which you only start to pay back when you're earning over a set amount a year. However, some course kits are essential, the costs of which vary. These can be sourced through the University and must be paid for during induction week. More information is available from your course.

Any previous study is taken into consideration when making an assessment for student financial support. If you already hold an honours degree, you don't usually qualify for any further support. There are some exceptions to this. Those students who choose to study a degree after a below-honours qualification, e.g. a Foundation Degree or HND, may qualify for some financial support. You'll need to talk to us about this.

Students who are studying for an award which is equivalent to (or lower than) a qualification they already hold won't be entitled to any government support and will be required to pay the full fee.

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) are available to help if you're at university and will incur extra costs because of a disability (including a long-term health condition, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia). DSAs can provide you with equipment such as a computer, and personal support, but don't provide any cash.

DSAs can be received in addition to the standard student finance package and are available if you're studying on a course either full-time or part-time. They're not dependent on income and don't have to be repaid.

Yes. If you're eligible, we have a range of bursaries and other additional support avenues that you can explore.

Depending on your precise, individual circumstances, you could be entitled to receive bursaries relating to travel costs, accommodation costs, or opportunities linked to graduate employment, among other things. You can find more information, including eligibility requirements, on our Undergraduate Fees page.

Furthermore, there are a variety of scholarships available to EU and International students. Take a look at our EU and International Scholarships page to explore further.

We strongly encourage you to visit our campus and come to one of our Open Days, which are published on the website. Please contact our Admissions office for further advice on specific course information on

For more information about the financial support available and the benefits of going to university visit or contact our team of Student Advisors.

Explore more

A collection of printed artworks drying on racks.


If you're applying to a Foundation course, here are all the fees you need to be aware of as a Home or International student

Abstract artwork showing a busy city


If you're applying to an Undergraduate course, here are all the fees you need to be aware of as a Home or International student

A colourful abstract illustration of trees and plants.


Applying to an AUB Postgraduate award? Here are all the fees you need to be aware of as a Home or International student

Obscure angle of the Drawing Studio


Applying to an AUB Research degree? Here are all the fees you need to be aware of as a Home or International student