You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
AUB Futures – Careers and Enterprise
Making the right choices and learning how to manage your career is crucial to your future happiness and wellbeing.
The Careers and Enterprise team are here to support you at every stage of your professional development, throughout your time at university and beyond.
Every year we run a range of events with AUB alumni and industry professionals aimed at helping you make informed decisions about your career and enabling you to develop skills and confidence when approaching clients or industry employers.
Working in the Arts and creative industries is exciting and we offer a range of workshops aimed at helping you to develop the skills and knowledge necessary for developing your career. As part of the Enterprise Programme, you can meet alumni and hear from start-up experts who’ll provide tips and inspiration for setting up your own business or freelancing.
Alongside events, we offer one-to-one appointments to discuss any career-related subject.
AUB Futures Career Hub
The Careers and Enterprise team have a dedicated careers platform for all AUB students and recent AUB Graduates. If you register on the system you’ll find:
- A range of events run by the careers team including, alumni, guest speakers and employers.
- AUB jobs board with part-time opportunities, internships, freelance opportunities, competitions as well as graduate jobs
- A variety of career resources that include recordings of past guest speakers, guides for writing CVs and cover letters, using LinkedIn along with guidance for anyone considering self-employment
Check out our How to use AUB Careers Hub video for more help on setting yourself up on the AUB Futures Career Hub.
Services we offer
The Careers and Enterprise team are Alison Zorraquin, Employability Manager and Emily Rogers, Senior Employability Officer.
Our goal is to support students and Alumni in preparation for working in industry and to develop their careers. We offer careers appointments and organise a series of events and workshops on campus, including:
- Lunchtime webinars: Run by the Careers team these workshops cover a range of topics including career planning, CVs, LinkedIn, freelancing and more.
- Industry Professionals on campus: Every year we invite professionals from Industry to give tips and advice about breaking into the creative industry as well as providing start-up and freelance advice.
We offer 1:1 appointments on campus or online (via Teams or Zoom) for all AUB students and graduates up to 3 years after graduation. You can discuss your career ideas, get help making a plan or simply gain information and advice on a wide range of topics including:
- Looking for graduate or professional roles and part-time work
- Applying for jobs and internships
- Writing a professional CV, cover letter or application
- Applying for further professional or post-graduate study
- Self-employment and freelancing
- Preparing for interview
- Self-promotion and networking
Mondays and Thursdays
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Lectures and events
We offer workshops and input to courses on a range of employability related topics including career planning, job hunting, networking, self-promotion, creative CVs and interview preparation.
Our employability events also involve professional experts from business and the creative industries to offer guidance and advice to students on topics ranging from setting up in business to an insiders’ view on industry and how to create opportunities.
Job vacancies and recruiters
We advertise vacancies, opportunities and competitions which will be of interest to our graduates and students, particularly those in the creative and cultural industries or closely allied sectors.
We publish a range of employability information and resources on AUB Futures Career Hub . The AUB Library has a broad collection of books and other material relating to career development and employability.
At different stages, throughout your career, it can be helpful to discuss your career aspirations and to plan strategies for success. The AUB Careers and Employability Team offer support with any career-related query including; CVs and cover letters, building your brand on social media, interview technique to making a career plan. As an AUB Graduate, you have access to our appointment service with a qualified careers consultant for up to 3 years with unlimited access to our AUB Futures Career Hub .
You can book a one to one appointment with an adviser by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a dedicated careers platform with events, resources and job opportunities. If you are a recent graduate and have already signed up to AUB Advantage Hub, be sure to update the system with your new email address so that you don’t lose access. If you have not registered on the site, please email email@example.com with details of your old student number (if you have it) course name and year of graduation and we will get you signed up!