You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
We're set in one the UK’s most beautiful award-winning natural locations; boasting spectacular gardens, beaches, forests and a Jurassic coastline classified by UNESCO as a world heritage site.
But it isn’t just beauty, peace and tranquillity that students can take advantage of during their studies at AUB; as Bournemouth itself is also home to one of the fastest growing creative and digital hubs in Europe, with its digital sector supporting more than 7,500 digital jobs and contributing over £340million to the UK economy*.
And at AUB, it’s not just a thriving digital and creative environment you’ll graduate into. You’ll be immersed into a richly artistic community right from the start.
"I felt like I could be myself because everyone else was themselves."
Reasons to study at AUB...
- In 2017, our 130-year old arts institution was awarded TEF Gold, the UK's highest standard for teaching excellence, and we've been named a Top 50 UK University by the Complete University Guide 2021.
- Our exceptional teaching staff are leading professionals from across the creative industries - they’ll work with you to sharpen the skills you need to succeed; from developing industry contacts to placements, to nurturing a specialist insight that transforms creativity into careers.
- Our specialist facilities are state-of-the-art. We’re home to the first purpose-built Drawing Studio in a UK arts school for more than a century, designed by our very own architecture alumni Sir Peter Cook, and we’re also home to Bournemouth Film School, which, since its founding 50 years ago, has combined a raft of AUB specialisms into one filmmaking tour-de-force, recognised internationally for its industry-standard productions and graduate successes.
- Our award-winning campus is located between the towns of Bournemouth and Poole, with all of our accommodation being located very close by, so it’s easy to reach us by cycling or walking, as well as through great travel links spanning across the country. There are major rail and bus stations nearby and Bournemouth's international airport is less than 20 minutes away.
- We’ve also been awarded three-star Fairtrade status and EcoCampus Platinum, so you be sure that we’re big on being ethical and big on being green. In 2019, we also hit our biggest ever campus recycling rate, with AUB courses committing to a range of initiatives to lessen their impact on the environment.
- And then there’s our alumni... From genre-leading filmmakers like Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) to inspiring writers like Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire), influential photographers like Nick Knight to incredible artists and designers like Nick Dudman (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Batman) and the late Oliver Ford, to performers like Sara Sugarman (Mr Nice, Sid and Nancy) and the Olivier-award winning Alessandro Babalola.