You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
Led by the President, Vice President and the Executive Officer Team, the Students’ Union exists to make sure that all students have the best possible experience whilst studying with us. All of our students automatically become members of the Union when they enrol on their course.
As a Student’s Union at a creative university, AUBSU aims to provide platforms where students can showcase their talents and works within the university but also help you engage with the surrounding community.
Meet the AUBSU
The Students’ Union exists to make sure that you have the best possible experience whilst studying at AUB. AUBSU is made up of:
- The President and Vice President – two Officers elected by you, the students, to listen and lead the Union.
- A team of Executive Officers – students elected in the same way as the President and Vice President, to represent students and help guide the Union.
- Course Reps are a group of students who act as the voice of all the other students on their course in their year. There are two Course Reps for each year of each course. They are the crucial link between students, University and the Students' Union. They listen to their course-mates about any issues, problems and even the good things related to their course and pass that information back on to the Academic Committee and Students' Union in regular meetings. They then deliver information back to the students to ensure that everyone is kept in the loop.
- A team of staff – seven indispensable staff members support the Officers and the Union, making sure it keeps running smoothly each year.
- All AUB students! Yes, even you.
What AUBSU gets up to...
Note: clips of events and activities used in the AUBSU 2021 Freshers' Induction Video are either from previous academic years, or were filmed within the Covid-19 regulations in operation at the time.
Clubs, Societies and Networks
University is the perfect time to meet like-minded people, start a new hobby or re-try something old.
AUBSU Clubs and Societies are groups run by students for students and there are plenty to choose from to get involved with. Whether you’re a cinephile, poet, or want to try Tae Kwon Do, you are sure to find something you’ll enjoy. And if you can’t find a pre-made group that you love you can always start your own.
Networks are led by AUBSU Executive Officers who represent each group on the Executive Committee and are supported by Union staff.
The Students’ Union supports students with running the BUMF network, the award-winning student-led publication and gallery.
BUMF:media originally started as a 32-page printed zine consisting of students' work. The development of BUMF:Media has progressed into a multi-platform brand enabling students numerous opportunities to showcase their projects.
The printed zine is published once a term. Keep an eye out for copies of the current zine around campus.
Benefits available to students
You can also join most clubs and societies at SUBU (Bournemouth University Students’ Union), and can train with (but cannot compete in) some of their sports club team.
University Music offers a wide range of musical opportunities to students, staff and members of the local community and we cater to all levels of ability and musical interests. AUB students have the same access as BU students.
You can also use the sports facilities at Bournemouth University, just across the road. AUB students pay the same rates as BU students. There’s a gym, and plenty of classes to join – see it at SportBU.
Small Things Matter
The Small Things Matter campaign is all about supporting you, with tools, tips and a bunch of courage to take the next step for you, however small: every step you take is no step too small. Small steps have a big impact.
Not only do AUBSU have face-to-face events but you can find online support too. Keep checking in with the Small Things Matter page for wellbeing resources and little things to help you with your self-care.
Find AUBSU on campus
AUBSU is in the back corner of the campus, next to the Student Services building. If you’re looking at it from the bike sheds, they're on the left.
You can also get in touch with the Students' Union via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.