Be part of an exciting, multi-discipline Fine Art course, set within our dynamic culture of making in our purpose-built studios.
The course considers fine art in its widest sense, this means you can test out many different approaches or choose to specialise in one. Experimental workshops in painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, video, digital media and sonic arts provide you with a solid foundation in testing the physical and conceptual potential of materials that you can then develop further.
Regular lectures, group critiques, artist talks, study visits and independent study all assist in developing your practical and critical skills; we have an outstanding teaching team of permanent tutors, technicians and visiting professional artists who are on-hand to assist you and develop the work that you make.
Our course fosters a flexible and entrepreneurial attitude by encouraging the consideration of the broader cultural environment to help you find and understand your place within it; you will leave as an independent thinker with confidence in your own practice.
Highly motivated graduates from this course go on to be leading contributors in a variety of fine art disciplines, whether as the next generation of contemporary artists, inspiring teachers, curators, or as assistants to renowned artists.
- You will become part of a supportive community of ambitious artists and have the option to engage in international and national exhibition and residency projects; current opportunities are in Amsterdam, Milan, Antwerp and London
- We also offer Erasmus periods of study at European partner universities in the second year, this culturally enriching experience always proves popular
- Optional work placements will help prepare you for professional life to gain transferable skills suitable for employment in the creative industries
- A series of industry focussed workshops, including mock job interviews, CV writing and job applications are part of the curriculum
YOU MAY CHOOSE TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING NAMED AWARDS:
In addition to having Fine Art appear on your degree qualification, you can opt for one of the following named awards to appear on your certificate. This means you will specialise in one of the named awards during your second year.
- BA (Hons) Fine Art (Interactive Arts)
- BA (Hons) Fine Art (Urban and Public Art)
- BA (Hons) Fine Art (Drawing)
- BA (Hons) Fine Art (Curatorial Practice)