Designed for the younger creative student with a passion for art, design and media.
15 June – 26 June 2020 (Ages 14-16)
27 July – 7 August 2020 (Ages 13-14)
Course Fees: £1,995
Including residential programme: £3,495
- Increase confidence in your artistic abilities
- Improve drawing and observational skills
- Develop your understanding of creative processes
- Appreciate research for ideas development
- Explore new creative technologies and techniques
- Make new friends and learn from others
- Gain credits towards your studies
Over two weeks, the summer school delivers an exciting hands-on course that combines creative teaching with stimulating workshops and practical sessions so that students can explore creative pathways and develop skills for their future. You’ll be encouraged to experiment with a variety of arts subjects, giving you the chance to explore your own creative style and your understanding of the creative process, from idea development to finished piece.
The course includes:
- 60 hours of creative learning and teaching
- All course materials, resources and equipment
- Arts Portfolio and sketchbook
- Latest creative digital programmes
- Access to library and learning resources
- All transport and entry admissions for course study trips
- Orientation event
- Graduation Ceremony
- Certificate of Attendance
Subject areas covered during the course include:
- Graphic Design
- Digital Photography
- 3D Design / ModelMaking
- Print Making
- Mixed Media
- Adobe Packages
- Portfolio Preparation
Through discussions, presentations and creative multi-disciplinary projects, you’ll produce work for your portfolio and develop skills that benefit your current school studies and beyond – such as research and analysis, problem-solving and working in groups. A series of themed projects will give you the opportunity to form a greater understanding of the connections between creative arts and other subjects, as well as the influence of creative processes in the world. Learning will take place on and off campus; in the university’s specialist studios and creative workshops, as well as visits in the local area to inspire and support your classroom learning.
At the end of the course, there’ll be an exhibition of all work produced, with group discussions and individual critiques to reinforce key concepts and skills learnt during course. You will receive an individual assessment report which, if you’re studying the IB or similar qualification can be used to gain credits at your current school, and a graduation ceremony will take place in which you’ll be awarded your Certificate of Attendance. You’ll also leave the course with a portfolio of work you have produced for further development.
For more information about this course please contact us:
Phone: +44 1202 363831/+44 1202 363823
You can also find us on Facebook.