You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
On this course young artists aged 7-9 have the chance to experiment and explore their creativity whilst having fun at the same time.
To book your place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for Saturday Art School updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Summer term 2024
Saturday 6 April – 25 May 2024
Autumn term 2024
Saturday 28 September – 30 November 2024
Please note, there's no session on 5 October or 2 November due to AUB Open Days.
Spring term 2025
Saturday 1 February – 22 March 2025
Summer term 2025
Saturday 26 April – 14 June 2025
How long is the course?
What time are the classes?
Who's this course for?
This course has been developed for aspiring artists aged 7-9.
Please note, we can't accept young artists below 7 years old on this course.
Does my young artist need any qualifications or experience?
No. This is an introductory course, so your young artist doesn't need any previous experience, just buckets of enthusiasm!
I’m not sure if this is suitable for my young artist. Can I speak to someone?
Yes of course! If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for your young artist, get in touch with us: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
Summer 2024: £209
Autumn 2024: £225
Spring, summer 2025: £225
What's included in this price?
- All course materials and resources
- Everything your young artist will need to take part in the course will be provided by us – no hidden costs!
- Classes are practical, so wear clothes that you don't mind your young artists getting messy.
- Drinks and snacks for break time and duration of class; please ensure snacks don't contain nuts.
- It's strongly advised phones, tablets and other valuables aren't brought to class. Any personal possessions are the responsibility of your young artist and AUB won't be liable for any loss or damage
About this course
This hands-on course is perfect for budding artists aged 7–9 years to experiment and explore their creativity whilst having fun at the same time. Young artists will learn and develop new art and design skills in an inclusive, supportive, and vibrant environment where they’ll set their imagination free and find their creative voice.
This exciting course has been specifically developed for blossoming artists and mini-makers aged 7-9 to help them harness their imagination and gain confidence in creating and sharing their work. All projects and learning undertaken is tailored to the younger age group.
Your young artists will be expertly led by friendly teaching staff dedicated to supporting young learners. They’ll learn in our state-of-the-art studio spaces and have access to our industry-standard resources, so they get a taste of the creative industries. During the course students will share and talk about their work, in an encouraging and compassionate environment.
Importantly, each term is varied so our returning young artists will be offered new engaging projects that allow them to consolidate skills and techniques learnt in the previous term. They'll also have the chance to explore new creative avenues and will be introduced to additional skills to develop their learning and creativity. It's safe to say, there's never a dull day with our young artists!
- Dying papers and silhouettes
- Quirky Animal and self portraits
- Creating textured papers for under the sea collage
- 3D room and furniture design
- Print making
- Still life and cartoon style drawing
- 3D lantern model making
- Texture and foil relief art
At the end of the course your young artist will:
- Possess improved artistic skills
- Have an appreciation and understanding of creative processes, including seeing an idea through from start to finish, sharing, and reflecting
- Understand the key benefits of a creative community of their peers
- Have increased confidence in their own skills
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Appreciate teamwork and team building ethics
- Feel inspired by the new skills they've learnt and from sharing ideas with new friends
- Have the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
- You can request a certificate to confirm your young artist's achievements, providing they have 100% attendance record. To request a certificate please get in touch with us at email@example.com and confirm name of your young artist and the title of course they've completed
Meet your young artist's tutor
Beyond the course
This could just be the start of your young artist's creative journey! After this course, your young artist could return to Young Artists (7-9yrs) next term to complete new and exciting projects or, when they're old enough, continue to harness their creativity and explore alternative Saturday Art School subjects for youngsters aged 10-12.
Young Artists (7–9yrs)
This hands-on course is perfect for budding artists aged 7–9 to explore their creativity whilst having fun at the same time.
Digital Character Design
On this course young artists aged 10-12 will develop digital drawing skills to create exciting characters.
Junior Contemporary Dance
In this exciting and energetic course young dancers aged 7-10yrs will explore the world or dance and choreography.
Mixed Media Art
In this experimental course young artists aged 10-12 will explore a range of different mediums and discover new ways to create.
Jewellery Workshop - an Introduction
This vibrant and practical jewellery making course has been specially designed for budding makers aged 10–12 to let their imaginations free.
Young Artists (10–12yrs)
This practical course has been designed specially for 10–12-year-olds to have fun with their creativity and learn new art and design skills.
Important information about Saturday Art School courses
Why choose Saturday Art School for your young artist?
At Saturday Art School we encourage your young artists to be themselves; there's no right or wrong way to be creative.
Short Courses FAQs – Evening and Weekend and Saturday Art School
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Saturday Art School booking T&Cs
Please read our terms and conditions carefully before booking your young artist onto our Saturday Art School courses.
How to book
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.