Animation is everywhere, from the classic Disney fairytale to the quirky Aardman comedy and the dynamic Pixar blockbuster.
Graduates from this course have gone on to work in studios across the world, including Pixar, Aardman, Karrot, Lupus and LucasArts.
Our illustrious alumni at Pixar, Lucasarts and Aardman testify to the success of our Creative Skillset accredited curriculum and production-based studio environment. You’ll work with other students to develop your personal portfolio and produce award-winning graduate films.
We’ll introduce you to the fundamental skills of drawing and painting, which underpin animation in all forms. Along with training in modern software, you’ll be able to apply your skills to hand-drawn, stop motion and CGI work.
Visiting industry practitioners and opportunities for industry placements will help prepare you to enter a professional world of film, commercials and video games production.
We’ll give you skills to shape the future of the industry.
YOU MAY CHOOSE TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING NAMED AWARDS:
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (2D Animation)
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (CG Animation)
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (Stop Motion Animation)
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (Visual Development for Animation)
Experts and Excellent Resources
- You’ll be taught by experts with real experience of the animation industry.
- We have regular visits from industry specialists who share their work and their experiences, run workshops and masterclasses and spend time with students.
- Students from all years work together to simulate the real world industry experience of talking ideas through and supporting each other.
- The course has its own large computer suite network with specialist software and a bespoke renderfarm.
Bournemouth Film school
It takes many disciplines to make a film, and Bournemouth Film School (BFS) is home to all of them. This course is part of BFS along with MA Animation Production, BA Film Production, MA Film Production, as well as BA Visual Effects Design and Production. Together we make up the largest film school outside of London.
LEARNING, TEACHING AND TIMETABLING
You can read more about learning and teaching at AUB and when you will receive your timetable here.
- Order a Prospectus: you’ll receive our house of cards prospectus and our Guide to Courses
- Come to an Open Day and explore our creative community for yourself – we’d love to meet you
- Download our Little Guide to Applying and visit our How to Apply section
- Find out about Accommodation
- Read more about Managing your Money as a student