Animation is everywhere: from the classic Disney fairytale, to the quirky Aardman comedy and the dynamic Pixar blockbuster.
What you'll study
Our illustrious alumni at Pixar, Lucasarts and Aardman testify to the success of our Creative Skillset accredited curriculum and production-based studio environment.
You can choose to complete you degree in one of the following named awards:
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (2D Animation)
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (CG Animation)
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (Stop Motion Animation)
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (Visual Development for Animation)
You can download the full programme specification here.
Studying at AUB
What students are doing
Looking to find out more about what goes on on the course? Browse our gallery of student work and take a look at some of the projects that current students have been working on.
Students studying this course achieve great things and have won prestigious and high profile awards, such as:
- Tech Ex Cup International University Student Video Contest: Best Creative Video
- Outstanding Tutor Award and Outstanding Organising Academy Award
- London International Animation Festival: Best Cut-Out Animation
- Purbeck Film Festival: Best Animation
- Chitrakatha Student Animation Festival (India): Runner Up for Best Animation
- Hamburg Animation Awards: Country Award – Winner
Studios and Resources
At AUB, our Animation studios mirror industry, with lots of students working together in a high energy environment.
Each student benefits from an individual workstation and light box and the course has its own computer suite with specialist software.
Staff on the course
Our team are specialists in disciplines that span the Animation industry. You can read more about their experience by browsing their staff profiles below.
Thomas Walsh initially graduated from the European School of Classical Animation at Ballyfermot Senior College, Dublin in 1994. He has worked professionally as a special effects artist for the Don Bluth Studio in Ireland and for the Walt Disney Studio in France, contributing to feature films such as The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996), Hercules (1997) and Tarzan (1999). Following this practical animation experience, he graduated with a BA (Hons) degree in Cultural Studies from the Norwich...Full profile
Your Interview and Portfolio
If you meet our entry requirements, we’ll invite you for an interview and we ask you to bring your portfolio with you. We’ll be looking for strong life drawing skills, observational work, painting, character design and storyboards. We don’t need to see animation work, but your work should show a sense of movement, narrative and storytelling.
You can download our portfolio guidelines for BA (Hons) Animation Production to help you prepare.