Graduates from this course have gone on to design and make costumes for theatres and film studios all over the world.
Although the course focuses on costume and set design for theatre, films and new performance disciplines, the skills you learn will prepare you for a wide range of other careers.
Costume and performance design is a diverse and demanding subject – you need to be interested in art, design and all types of performance. You’ll discover how to create whole new worlds on this exciting and creative course. As well as technical skill, you’ll learn that great design depends on your ability to interpret ideas and we place a real emphasis on conceptual work.
Work as a team, succeed as an individual
You’ll work alongside students from the film, make-up, and acting courses on stage and film productions. While your eventual career may not be in both design and making, we believe that understanding the overall production process is what sets our students apart and gives them an edge.
YOU MAY CHOOSE TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING NAMED AWARDS:
- BA (Hons) Costume and Performance Design (Costume Design for Screen)
- BA (Hons) Costume and Performance Design (Scenography)
- BA (Hons) Costume and Performance Design (Costume Supervision)
- BA (Hons) Costume and Performance Design (Costume Interpretation)
LEARNING, TEACHING AND TIMETABLING
You can read more about learning and teaching at AUB and when you will receive your timetable here.
- Order a Prospectus: you’ll receive our house of cards prospectus and our Guide to Courses
- Come to an Open Day and explore our creative community for yourself – we’d love to meet you
- Download our Little Guide to Applying and visit our How to Apply section
- Find out about Accommodation
- Read more about Managing your Money as a student