We have made the difficult decision to cancel all of our Summer Courses for this year due to the global Covid-19 situation.
If you were hoping to join a summer course 2020 for a taster of AUB life as you were considering joining as a full-time student in the future, please get in touch.
We are happy to answer any questions, to give advice and useful information. We can even arrange a chat for you with one of our international or academic team.
Details of our Summer Courses 2021 will be available soon. Join our mailing list for the latest updates.
Contact: email@example.com or call: +44 1202 363831
Course Fees: £1,995
Including residential programme: £2,895
Study the effective use of visual design within communication. Learn to develop your skills in typography, design, editorial and editorial design.
Through a combination of theory, workshops and practical projects, you’ll be introduced to the fundamentals of design including line, tone, colour theory, layout design, composition, type and image across digital and paper-based formats. With an emphasis on ideas-based problem solving, you’ll develop your critical awareness of visual communication and tackle typographic and design projects. You’ll also explore a variety of illustration methods and techniques to enhance your understanding of the design process and effectively communicate ideas in 2D and 3D forms.
You’ll enhance your abilities, confidence and understanding of photography in a range of creative contexts with the opportunity to explore composition, subject matter and lighting with a variety of photographic equipment, accessories and image editing software. You’ll look also at social, historical and theoretical issues surrounding visual communication, learning how to best create a story, respond to a professional brief and develop your own signature photographic style.
This course is ideal for anyone looking to develop their skills in typography, poster, editorial and digital design or simply to study the effective use of visual design within communication.
The course aims to:
- Enhance your knowledge of all graphic design practices.
- Develop your understanding of different influences and styles and media.
- Give you the opportunity to explore the importance of graphic design in branding, marketing, advertising and packaging.
- Foster your capabilities to plan, layout and realise any kind of publicity.
- Teach the professional use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Enhance your ability to visually communicate your ideas and develop your visual voice.
- Provide expert support and enable you to increase your confidence through feedback in discussions with the tutor and the group.
- Provide you with the essential skills to move into the professional arena or apply for FE/HE enhanced studies.
COURSE MATERIALS AND RESOURCES
All course materials, equipment and course trips are included in the course fee.
Students will be taught in professional art and design studios and digital suites, with access to our library and online resources.
COURSE OUTCOMES AND ASSESSMENTS
Work produced during the course will be collated into a digital journal for students to add to their portfolio or for future development.
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official Summer Course Certificate detailing course contents and study hours.