Our BA (Hons) Dance course gives you a chance to perform, produce, create, and collaborate within this ever-changing art form.
We’ll help you become an industry-ready dance artist with an edge.
Looking to start in 2019? There’s still time to apply for this course through UCAS. Visit our how to apply page for more information.
What you'll study
We aim to develop artists and makers, giving them the skills to respond creatively to opportunities and markets. You’ll finish with a degree and the skills to be a dance entrepreneur, capable of thinking about dance in new and relevant ways.
What to expect from BA (Hons) Dance at AUB:
- A practical, industry focused dance course at a unique and bespoke campus, encouraging you to embrace and collaborate within the University’s ‘maker culture’
- A strong focus on technique, fitness, choreography and critical thinking. Dance at AUB prepares you to work in diverse and dynamic industry
- A programme which allows you to focus your skills, becoming a specialist in choreographic research and development, community practice, dance production and leadership in a range of dance industry placements
- You’ll be taught by a specialist team, many of whom are currently working in the industry, brining knowledge and best practice to the course
- A career enhancing partnership with Pavilion Dance South West, a regional dance agency, allowing you to work alongside choreographers, performers and producers from day one
- A challenging programme that will demand much of you physically and mentally across three years of practice and study.
For more information, you can also download the full programme specification.
Watch Our Videos
Course Leader for BA (Hons) Dance, Jane White, shares her insight into what makes a great dance artist and you can take a look at what our students get up to on this course.
A window into our community...
Staff on the course
Our talented teaching staff work as performers, choreographers, producers and technicians, who have built a strong portfolio of work during their careers. You can find out more about the BA (Hons) Dance department by exploring their profiles.
BA (Hons) Dance and Related Arts (University of Chichester) and PGCE Dance (University of Brighton)
Jane has a strong interest in collaborative arts projects. As an experienced performer, choreographer and producer, Jane has been involved in a large number of professional events that fuse contemporary dance and choreography with site, sound, theatre, photography and film. Across an extensive teaching career, she has developed a strong portfolio of work with many arts agencies and professional companies. This is key to her style of work both academically and artistically.In 2009, Jane created...Full profile
If your qualifications meet our entry requirements, we’ll invite you to an audition and interview. You’ll take part in workshops and warm-ups and will have a formal interview to finish. We’ll be looking at how you work, creatively and interpersonally, with other people. You can find out more information about what to expect in our audition guidelines.
Studying at AUB
- Read more about learning and teaching at AUB and when you will receive your timetable here
- Find out about accommodation
- Read about managing your money as a student and find out more about any course costs
- Read our Admissions Policy
Our Careers and Employability Service is dedicated to supporting you in turning your creativity into a great career. You can read more about this here.
Please note: the UniStats scores are not representative of this course. They have been aggregated by UniStats from data relating to similar courses in the creative arts sector.