Spectacular make-up and dramatic special effects can transform a production. Recent graduates have gone on to work on Coronation Street, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, PAN, Cinderella and the latest James Bond film.
Make-up for Media and Performance gives you the skills needed to play a key creative role in performance, fashion, film or television. The make-up artist is an important member of any production team and you’ll work with students studying acting, film production, costume and fashion to create ‘live’ collaborative projects.
Diverse skills for a wide range of creative industries
On this course you’ll learn a diverse range of make-up skills. You’ll study make-up and hair design for drama, ballet, opera and music. A different perspective will give the skills for fashion and photography shoots. You’ll also look at creating special effects and prosthetic make-up for film and television. In short, you’ll develop skills that are a real asset to a wide range of performance industries, from theatre to TV, from the music business to the world of fashion and film.
You may choose to complete your degree in one of the following named awards:
- BA (Hons) Make-up for Media and Performance (Hair and Make-up for Fashion)
- BA (Hons) Make-up for Media and Performance (Prosthetic Make-up Effects)
- BA (Hons) Make-up for Media and Performance (Hair and Make-up for Stage, TV and Film)
LEARNING, TEACHING AND TIMETABLING
You can read more about learning and teaching at AUB and when you will receive your timetable here.
- Order a Prospectus: you’ll receive our house of cards prospectus and our Guide to Courses
- Come to an Open Day and explore our creative community for yourself – we’d love to meet you
- Download our Little Guide to Applying and visit our How to Apply section
- Find out about Accommodation
- Read more about Managing your Money as a student