This course has been specifically designed for young students who have a keen interest in art, design and media who wish to develop their artistic talents.
For students aged 14-16
- Graphic Design
- Digital Photography
- 3D Design / ModelMaking
- Print Making
- Mixed Media
- Adobe Packages
- Portfolio Preparation
Over two weeks, the summer school delivers an exciting hands-on course, that combines creative teaching with stimulating workshops and practical sessions so that students can explore creative pathways and develop skills for their future. You will be encouraged to experiment with a variety of arts subjects, giving you the chance to explore your own creative style and your understanding of the creative process, from idea development to finished piece.
The course includes:
- 60 hours of creative learning and teaching
- All course materials, resources and equipment
- Arts Portfolio and Sketch book
- Latest creative digital programmes
- Library and learning resources
- All transport and entry admissions for organised study trips
- Orientation event
- Graduation Ceremony
- AUB Certificate of Attendance
Through discussions, presentations and creative multi-disciplinary projects, you will produce work for your portfolio and develop skills that benefit your current school studies and beyond – such as research and analysis, problem solving and working in groups. A series of themed projects will give you the opportunity to form a greater understanding of the connections between creative arts and other subjects, as well as the influence of creative processes in the world. Learning will take place on and off campus; in the university’s specialist studios and creative workshops, as well as visits in the local area to inspire or support your classroom learning.
At the end of the course, there will be an exhibition of all work produced, with group discussions and individual critiques to reinforce key concepts and skills learnt during course. You will receive an individual assessment report which, if you are studying the IB or similar qualification can be used to gain credits at your current school, and a graduation ceremony will take place in which you will be awarded your AUB Certificate of Attendance. You will also leave the course with a comprehensive portfolio of work you have produced for further development.
- Increase confidence in your artistic abilities
- Improve drawing and observational skills
- Develop your understanding of creative processes
- Appreciate research for ideas development
- Explore new creative technologies and techniques
- Make new friends and learn from others
- Gain credits towards your studies
For more information about this course please contact us:
Phone: +44 1202 363831 / +44 1202 363823
You can also find us on Facebook.
Course duration and dates
Course duration: 1 week
Course dates: 29th July – 3rd August 2019
Excluding accommodation: £1,995
Including accommodation: £3,495