Creative Event Managers conceive, plan and deliver the events, from pop-up happenings to large-scale music festivals, throughout the cultural industries. On this course you’ll learn the skills necessary to take your place in this dynamic environment.
Looking to start in 2017? There’s still time to apply for this course – visit our Clearing page for more information.
The cultural and creative industries are a fast growing sector. The UK cultural industry alone is worth more than £80 billion to the national economy and employs 2.8 million people.
Creative events are at the heart of this — with music festivals, performances, installations, exhibitions, touring, fashion shows, carnivals and much else besides.
Creative Events Management scored 100% in Student Satisfaction in the latest National Student Survey and has a 23-year track record of creating successful industry professionals who are now leaders in their field.
Practical skills and critical minds
Through theory, technique and practice our aim is to develop innovative, capable and creative professionals with practical skills and critical minds able to flourish in the diverse landscape that is the creative and cultural industries.
- Create a live event on every year of the course
- Work with creative practitioners and external clients, within the inspired context of Arts University Bournemouth
- Teaching from staff with real experience of the cultural and creative industries, visits from industry practitioners and a six-week industry placement
- Learn business planning and management skills, enabling you to lead and innovate
You can take a look at some of our student events here.
Where could this lead?
You will find our Alumni in senior positions across sector running festivals like Wilderness, Secret Garden Party, Bestival, Boomtown and The End Of The Road Festival, working at venues like London’s Roundhouse and for companies like Spotify and ITV.
LEARNING, TEACHING AND TIMETABLING
You can read more about learning and teaching at AUB and when you will receive your timetable here.
- Order a Prospectus: you’ll receive our house of cards prospectus and our Guide to Courses
- Come to an Open Day and explore our creative community for yourself – we’d love to meet you
- Download our Little Guide to Applying and visit our How to Apply section
- Find out about Accommodation
- Read more about Managing your Money as a student
(formerly known as Arts and Event Management)