You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
Found a course that you'd like to apply for?
Apply direct to AUB for undergraduate courses
If you're an overseas student looking to study at AUB, you can apply directly to us.
Please note we can only consider direct online applications if you haven't applied and won't apply through UCAS for this year of entry. If you're applying to more than one university in the UK, you should apply through UCAS.
To continue an unfinished AUB application, you need to go to our Application System.
How to Make a Direct Application
Step 1: Start an Application
- BA (Hons) Acting – year 1
- BA (Hons) Animation Production – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Architecture – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Costume – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Commercial Photography – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Creative Writing – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Dance – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Design – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Events Management – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Fashion – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Fashion Branding and Communication – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Fine Art – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Film Production – year 1 | year 2
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Illustration – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Interior Design and Architecture – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Make-up for Media and Performance – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Modelmaking – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Performance Design and Film Costume – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Photography – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Textiles – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Visual Communication – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
- BA (Hons) Visual Effects for Film and Television – year 1 | year 2 | year 3
We’ll use your completed online application to make decisions about your application. Make sure you include all of the qualifications that you have and are currently taking. You can also tell us about any work experience that you've done.
In your personal statement, we’d like to know more about why you're interested in the course, the key influences on your work and what you hope to do after your studies. There’s more advice in our personal statement guide.
If you're unsure how to apply directly. Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also apply for entry to year 2 or 3 of a degree course. As a general rule, you’ll need to meet our entry requirements and the content of the degree you’re currently studying needs to be very similar to the course you're transferring to. We’ll also need you to provide an academic transcript from your current University. Due to the nature of the course, BA (Hons) Acting can only accept applications for first year.
Step 2: Track your Application
Once we've received your application, we’ll email you with your login details for the AUB applicant portal.
You can use this to monitor the progress of your application to AUB. We might contact you for more information so make sure that you check your emails. You will also need to log into the AUB applicant portal to send us information and submit your portfolio. There is an inbox for messages we send to you and also links to information you will need before you join AUB.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about your application.
Step 3: Interviews, Portfolios and Applicant Days
For courses that require an interview, audition or portfolio review, the Admissions team will be in touch with you if the initial assessment of your application is successful.
We will hold Offer Holder days in spring and invite applicants to visit the campus and meet the course team.
This is for all Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. However, the undergraduate courses listed below may not need a portfolio of work. We'll request a portfolio or a sample of your work if you're not studying relevant qualifications or if you've been out of education for a while.
Step 4: Accepting your offer
Once we've made a decision on your application we’ll update you via the AUB applicant portal. We should be able to tell you via email about our decision. We’ll let you know if there's any delay.
You must go to the AUB applicant portal to accept or decline the offer we make.
If you change your mind after you accept your offer, you can cancel your acceptance, or request to defer your place just email us firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to know if you are coming to AUB so it is important that you reply to your offer.
Your offer will either be a conditional offer or an unconditional offer.
Your offer email will give you the details of your offer, you can also view them via the AUB applicant portal. This is normally to meet our entry requirements and may include an English Language qualification. For example:
Successful completion of (your current studies) with an overall result of (x grade) plus and IELTS overall score of 6 with 5.5 in each band.
This means that you already meet the academic requirements for the course.
Step 5: Getting your results
You must meet the conditions of your offer by 31 August to be able to take up your place at AUB and we need to see proof of your qualifications.
We’ll need to see a scan or a photocopy of your official results to confirm your place. Once you have your results please scan and email them to email@example.com.
If you haven’t quite met the conditions of your offer, we'll still consider you and we may still be able to confirm your place. If there is a delay with your results please let us know as we may be able to extend the deadline.
Step 6: Coming to AUB
Once your place is confirmed, we’ll send you a confirmation letter and a Welcome Guide to the course.
We'll keep in regular contact with you and send you information about accommodation, your visa application (if applicable) and enrolment.
If you're joining us from outside the UK, our International team will be in touch to help you prepare for your arrival.