You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
Welcome to AUB Community, AUB’s residential life programme for students living in AUB Halls of Residence.
AUB Community aims to provide an inclusive supportive community where students have a sense of belonging, feel supported to be curious, creative and build the confidence to live and study independently.
AUB asks questions, encourages new ideas, and has a passion for innovation. AUB Community is the residential life programme for students living in AUB Halls of Residence. AUB Community aims to create an inclusive and supportive environment where students have a sense of belonging, feel supported to be curious, creative and build the confidence to live and study independently.
Whether you're after support with your finances, study skills or health and welfare, or perhaps you are looking for careers advice or chances to be social? AUB Community will help you find the best opportunities to get the most from your time with us.
AUB Community supports students across three main areas
- Fostering connections throughout the accommodation and university and providing links to support services internal and external.
- Building self-confidence and enabling students to live successfully with others, developing positive relationships.
- Offering students opportunities to develop self-care awareness and skills, so that they can develop the ability to look after themselves effectively.
- Wide ranging opportunities for students to meet new people and develop new interests and hobbies.
- Developing awareness of opportunities available within the local community such as sports clubs, creative hubs, local amenities and accessing these.
- Creating confidence and connections to try the provisions of the Students Union, university, and local organisations/services.
- Developing independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting as well as looking at what comes next, life after university…
- Providing access to study skills support for academic progress and the development of transferrable skills.
- Linking with AUB Careers Service, developing connections to improve employability prospects and career opportunities post-graduation.