If you aspire to know your subject in greater depth or make a significant academic contribution, a research degree could be the answer.
Research Degree supervision is offered within or across the following subject areas:
- Animation: history, theory and practice
- Film: history, theory and practice
- Fashion: history and theory, 19th century to the present day
- Fine Art: context and practice
- History of Art
- Photography: history, theory and practice
- Spatial practices: architectural and urban history, theory and practice
You are encouraged to contact the Research Office or +44 1202 363334 for an initial discussion before making an application.
MPhil/PhD Full time study for an MPhil/PhD will usually take 2 to 4 years.
Part-time study Part time study for an MPhil/PhD will usually take 3 to 5 years.
Our research degrees are awarded though our partnership with the University of the Arts London.