You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
About the Residency Programme
Designed to support early stage ideas the Residency will help you design your product or service, trial and prove ideas and concepts with potential users, build and test prototypes, create a robust business plan and build a network setting you up for success.
- Access to a workspace in our Innovation Studio on our award-winning campus
- Access to our industry-standard resources and Lab 4 Creative Technologies including digital fabrication, 3D Printing Hub and VR kit
- Access to the expertise of our talented technicians and academic practitioners
- Access to business mentors to provide early career and startup support
- Developing your understanding of innovation processes design thinking and sustainable practices
- Developing your understanding of running a business and managing your career
- Building a network of like-minded peers for support
- A robust business plan
- A working prototype or proof of concept
- A plan for taking your business forward
The programme is designed to be as flexible as possible. You'll have access to the Studio as a workspace whenever suits you.
You'll need to commit to attending the seven Tuesday input sessions 4 October to the 15 November 2022 and then monthly Tuesday input sessions from 6 December 2022 to 4 April 2023.
For pre-trade businesses the costs are:
- £175 pcm or
- £1,225 for the whole programme
After the residency finishes you'll still be able to work with the Innovation Studio as part of the Alumni network.
Meet your business mentor
During your Residency with us you'll have access to our brilliant business mentor, Laura Mulhern, who'll provide you with invaluable early career and startup support. Learn more about Laura's experience and her role as mentor by clicking her profile below.
Meet our current residents
Ali Jafary and Designed Healthcare
Ali joined our Residency Programme to develop his company, Design Healthcare that specialises in healthcare environments and equipment.
Andy, Paul and Element Creative Ltd.
Andy and Paul joined our Residency Programme to expand the prototypes and components offered by their design company, Element Creative Ltd.
Dean Skivington and CryoShower
Dean joined our Residency Programme to develop prototypes and bring his cold therapy brand, CryoShower, to market.
Ekaterina Savosina and Design in VR
Ekaterina joined our Residency Programme to develop her company, Design in VR, a provider of educational tutorials in VR design.
Ryan Elder and SeaTalus
Ryan joined our Residency Programme to progress his business, SeaTalus, and develop an affordable prosthetic for juniors and young adults.