You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
- Saturday Art School
- Digital Photography
This digital photography course for budding photographers aged 11–15 years-old will teach the fundamental skills and techniques photographers use in a fun, informative and inspirational way. Start your journey to better photography here!
Please note, new dates for this course will be confirmed in April. If you'd like to be the first to know when this course is available to book, simply click the 'Register Your Interest' button and provide your details.
This exciting course has been specially developed for young photographers and is a perfect programme for anyone brand new to photography. It offers project-based classes for anyone wanting to learn photography in a fun, engaging and exciting fashion.
Each week our aspiring photographers will learn a variety of new skills from the basic camera controls through to more advanced techniques whilst building their awareness of the visual elements and components of composition. Students do not need any previous experience and we supply the cameras, although students are welcome to bring their own photographic equipment if they like.
Throughout the course students will be guided to understand the technical elements of photography. Taught in easy-to-understand stages, they’ll be encouraged to employ their own creative ideas and personal perspectives to produce both technically proficient and visually exciting images. Students will also be introduced to the basics of digital post-production using one of the most popular industry-standard programmes – Adobe Photoshop.
Our young photographers will be expertly led by their tutor through weekly projects, which will include talks and demonstrations delivered in a fun and interactive fashion that provokes student interaction, sharing of ideas and collective appraisal of work produced.
We understand how important young creative artists are – they've so much potential, untapped abilities, and enthusiasm. On this course they’ll be supported to fully explore their creative talent and future potential as a photographer.
We encourage our young artists to be themselves, and as such we harness a budding artists’ natural style and flair, therefore enabling them to utilise existing creative interests and acquire new skills in the development of their own unique creative visual language.
It goes without saying, too, that we ensure all our young learners are included, respected, and supported every step of the way on their creative journey with us.
- Camera controls and functions
- Lens theory
- Light and exposure
- Creative applications
- Composition techniques
- Creative camera settings
- Post-production techniques
- To enable students to gain a broad introductory understanding of photography and creative photographic applications and provide a solid foundation in camera control for students to utilise in future photographic practice
- Increase students' understanding of the many creative possibilities' photography offers in which to develop their own visual voice
- Developed and display what students have learned by producing a set of photographic prints captured during a series of practical projects
- Be provided with opportunities to use creative flair, experiment with new techniques and then refine them under the guidance of the tutor, setting them up well for endless possibilities of future image creation
- Provide an essential understanding of camera controls
- Deliver fundamental and extended creative camera techniques
- Provide an opportunity for students to share and critique work in a positive and sensitive manner
- Provide close guidance and ongoing measurement of student’s performance and development
- Boost confidence and creativity!
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance
Students should be aged between 11-15 years and be prepared to bring lots of energy and enthusiasm!
All course materials, including cameras, are included in the course fee.