You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Saturday 27 January - 16 March 2024
How long is the course?
What time are the classes?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus
Your young artist will be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course for?
This course has been developed for aspiring photographers aged 11-15.
This is an introductory course, so your young artist doesn't need any previous experience, just buckets of enthusiasm! However, your young artist will especially benefit from this course if they've already completed our Digital Photography Saturday Art School course or if they already possess some photography skills.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for your young artist, get in touch with us: email@example.com or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
Why should you choose this course?
This course is designed for budding creatives to be curious, playful, and eager to learn more about and immerse themselves in the world of digital photography.
Your young artist will learn alongside up to 16 other like-minded youngsters, make friends, and have fun along the way.
At the end of the course, your young artist will leave with an increased confidence in their abilities, have a wealth of new skills that they can apply to their everyday life and beyond, and an excitement for future art and design studies.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
- All course materials and resources
- Use of AUB's cameras and photographic equipment
What should you bring to class?
- Everything your young artist will need to take part in the course will be provided by us – no hidden costs!
- Optional, not essential: if your young artist has their own photographic equipment that they'd prefer to use, they're welcome to bring to class and use
About this course
Taught at Arts University Bournemouth in and around its visually inspirational campus, in this brand-new course, your young artist will conduct a series of immersive practical photographic projects to advance your knowledge and skills. They'll learn new progressive techniques and undertake captivating post-production exercises in one of AUB's specialist digital suites, using the latest generation of Apple computers all fully loaded with the most up-to-date version of Adobe Photoshop software.
Your young artist will accelerate their photographic knowledge and the skills essential for generating technically proficient and creative photography, through a series of exciting and stimulating projects designed to both challenge and provide every opportunity to develop their visual voice.
Each week, aspiring photographers will be tasked to undertake a variety of unique and challenging assignments to build their visual awareness of seek opportunities to input their individual flair and style. Combining fun and advanced post-production technique using Adobe Photoshop, your young artists will complement and enhance their imaging by producing captivating and illuminating images to add to their portfolios.
They don't need any previous experience, but ideally will have attained some previous experience to obtain the best results from this course. Although we supply the cameras and all essential photographic accessories, your young artists are very welcome to bring their own photographic equipment if they wish.
They'll be expertly led by their tutor, Kristin Rebane, who'll provide talks, demonstrations, and highly practical activities delivered in a fun and interactive fashion that provokes student interaction, sharing of ideas and collective appraisal of work produced.
- Advanced camera controls and functions
- Photoshoot planning and preparation
- Themed portraiture, advertising, and photocollage
- Composition techniques and multiple exposures
- Creative camera settings
- Essential post-production tools and techniques
- Undertake a tour of AUB's undergraduate and postgraduate photography studios and specialist resources
- Possess improved understanding of photography and creative elements
- Understand how Photoshop can be used to creatively edit images in post-production and possess the necessary skills to do so
- Have developed their unique creative voice that shines through in their work
- Have increased confidence in their own skills and when using their camera
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Untap their potential and talent
- Appreciate teamwork and team building ethics
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore their ideas
- Feel inspired by the new skills they've learnt and from sharing ideas with new friends
- Have the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance.
After this course, your young artist could:
- Continue to harness their creativity; explore our full range of Saturday Art School courses to see where their creative journey will take them next
- Look forward to the future and the next step(s) in their creative journey by exploring AUB's Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media
- Continue to develop their skills at home as a hobby
- Your young artist will study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so they'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- Your young artist will learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- They'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- You'll benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, plus use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash their creativity
Meet your tutor
Creative digital photography gallery
Your young artist will develop a range of new photography skills and post-production editing techniques using industry-standard software Photoshop. They'll learn advanced camera functions and controls and prepare for themed portraiture and advertising photoshoots. After taking their photos, your young artist will experiment with post-production editing tools to inject flair and a variety of creative effects. All projects will unleash your young artist's imagination and allow their voice to shine through.