You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
Social media is a key component of any business’ marketing strategy. In just 10 weeks, you’ll develop the skills that'll enable you to post, tweet and upload content with confidence.
To book your place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for short course updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
You can study this course in either the autumn or spring term. Choose your preferred term when booking.
Autumn term 2023
Tuesday 3 October – 5 December 2023
Spring term 2024
Tuesday 16 January – 19 March 2024
How long is the course?
What time will your classes be?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
You'll be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course suitable for?
This course has been developed for creatives and aspiring social media for business users aged 18+.
Perfect for anyone who has a passion to learn and develop their social media skills for professional use.
It's suitable if you're a beginner or if you've some previous experience with professionally using social media and wish to develop your skills further.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications?
This is an introductory course, so no previous knowledge or experience using social media for business is needed.
You’ll need a basic understanding of how to use social media as this course is focused more on using social media for business, rather than the social media channel itself.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
All course materials and resources, except a smart device to use social media on.
Are there additional costs?
You’ll need to provide your own smart device to use social media during your classes. This’ll incur an additional cost if you need to purchase one for the course.
What should you bring to class?
- A smart device (either phone or tablet)
- A notebook and pen/pencils for taking notes
Why should you choose this course?
- Improve your understanding of social media and how it can be used effectively to support your marketing campaigns and business
- Come away with enhanced knowledge, skills, and confidence to create your own social media content
- Learn the defining features of a variety of social media platforms and understand how to select the platform appropriate for your needs
- Develop skills to spot emerging trends and how to plan for them
- Enhance your advertising skills
- Develop your content strategy
- Understand how to build you online reach and how to collect data and effectively use it
- Receive expert support and guidance from your industry professional tutor at every turn
- Leave with increased confidence and the skills to continue creating beyond the course
- Study in an encouraging and friendly setting alongside 16 like-minded creatives
About this course
On this hands-on 10-week introductory course, you'll be provided with the fundamental skills to create relevant and creative social media content for your business that you can publish on social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
This course will delve into the psychology and the theory behind successful social media marketing with supporting examples every week. Alongside theory, you'll explore the techniques, tips, tricks, and features each social media channel offers to make your content stand out.
You'll identify and develop your understanding of time management, creating engaging content and building your followers and engagement. You'll also explore a vast range of online digital tools that will significantly improve your social media management and content creation.
Plus, you'll learn how to build and improve social media reach, create adverts, gain followers, how to share and store data, receive online payments, and construct your own online store.
Once you’ve developed your skills within the course, you’ll test them through a series of group exercises, creating a social media strategy from scratch.
- How to build your social brand
- Understanding the potential of social media
- Creating and curating concise relevant content
- Understanding and building online reach
- Time management and content planning
- Paid and targeted adverts: when, how and if to use them
- Data storage
- Social media on the go using smartphones
- Google Forms for data collecting, surveying, evaluating, and online shop
- Content refining
- Be able to create your own concise and relevant social media content and publish it with confidence
- Have a comprehensive understanding of a range of different social media platforms and how best to incorporate them into your marketing strategy
- Understand how to time manage and content plan
- Have a sound understanding of paid and targeted adverts
- Have increased confidence in your own skills and feel inspired
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore your ideas, remembering that there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- Possess the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance. To request your certificate contact the short courses team: email@example.com or call 01202 363222.
After this course, you could:
- Continue to harness your creativity and develop your skills further; explore our full range of Business, Marketing and Publishing short courses
- Broaden your creative horizons and try your hand at a range of disciplines; explore our full range of evening and weekend courses
- Continue to develop your skills at home as a hobby
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- You'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Meet your tutor
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Short Courses FAQs - Evening and Weekend and Saturday Art School
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you