You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
AUB Advantage is an initiative aimed at all graduating students to support them as they transition into the workplace.
This year, in its third year, alongside a variety of workshops to support students looking in developing their careers, students were able to train for Adobe Certified Professional exams. We also offered a range of training for graduating students from organisations including:
- Your D+I Diversity and Inclusion Training
- Immerse Medical Emergency First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid England
- Redlands Counselling Skills Training
- Train Aid Level 3 Certificate in Training
- Outset freelancing course
- Plan.Make.Do Freelancing workshops
- Kate Goddard, Creating YouTube Channel
- Presentation Masterclass with executive Coaches, Jan Armstrong & Marianne Lewis
- Square Space Queen – Training in Square Space
- IP and Copyright – Advice from legal experts in the Creative Industries, Briffa
AUB Advantage 2020
The AUB Innovation team works closely with the Employability team to develop skills sessions for students for their future careers, setting up their own businesses or becoming freelancers.
During 2019 we ran two separate employability initiatives in addition to our year offer. We’ll be running them again in 2020. We really value the expertise of our alumni and professionals in Industry, if you are interested in contributing to any of our events, please contact Alison Zorraquin on email@example.com to discuss possible workshops or initiatives.
AUB Advantage 2019
AUB Advantage was held in May and June 2019. This was a series of events designed to give final year students, postgraduate students and recent alumni some practical support for developing their career post AUB. Employers and organisations who supported the event included Immerse Medical, Silk Factory Creative Agency, Rivero Consulting and Outset.
- Adobe training and exams
- Personal development courses run by executive coaches
- Sessions around: Developing confidence in yourself as a creative professional, using LinkedIn, CV and Interview practice, Guidance on setting up as a freelancer
- First Aid training with certificates
- City and Guilds Introduction to teaching Skills level 2 certificate
It went above and beyond my expectations. It was really interactive. I found 'Personal Branding' really useful for moving forwards with my career intentions. Going through the psychometric test in detail. This provided me with the inspiration to make a change.