You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
Before graduation – what you need to do
Due to graduate this year?
We hope that this step-by-step guide will help you navigate the graduation process – what happens when and what you need to do before your graduation ceremony in July.
- This is how we will contact you about Graduation
- It'll include the links to the registration site, recommended gown hire booking site and photography package booking site and deadline
- It'll specify your graduate ceremony date and time
- If you don't receive the invite by 15 March, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for Graduation – You must register to let us know whether you plan to attend your graduation ceremony
- Registration opens in March
- There's no cost for graduands to attend the Graduation Ceremony
- Buy up to 2 guest tickets when you register (optional)
- Even if you don’t intend to buy guest tickets, you must complete your registration to ensure your place at the ceremony if you wish to participate.
- As a graduand participating in Graduation you'll also receive a complimentary ticket for you to attend the post-ceremony Beach Marquee Reception.
- Your results will be released after the registration deadline, so we recommend that you register as soon as booking opens to secure your spot.
- You must wear a cap, gown and hood in the official AUB colours if you want to cross the stage at your ceremony. You can hire these through our recommended supplier Ede & Ravenscroft. Have a tape measure handy to measure the circumference of your head/height.
- Find out about accessibility options available for graduands and guests, including accessible parking, toilets, stairs and lifts, etc if this is applicable to you.
- When you register online for Graduation, there'll be options in the form to notify us of any accessibility requirements or other special considerations you or your guests may have.
- You'll not be able to graduate if you have a tuition fee debt, unpaid library fees or any other outstanding University fee debts. These must be cleared before your ceremony.