Graphic design is about communicating to inform, educate, entertain, and persuade.
Looking to start in 2017? There’s still time to apply for this course through UCAS. Visit our how to apply page for more information.
Our graduates go on to play an active role in a wide range of communications businesses from design consultancies to media companies, publishers to packaging. And many set up their own companies.
Experimentation and discovery are important values on this course. There’s no ‘right answer’ and you’ll be supported to find your own path as you learn more skills. As well as developing creative design strategies, we encourage you to bring your own experiences and interests to your work. We value conceptual approaches that attract attention, and then evoke an idea or emotion that is relevant and on target.
Work with real businesses to develop critical skills
As a graphic designer, you’ll have to make decisions in complex and unpredictable situations. You’ll have to react quickly to new information, evolving briefs and advances in technology. On the course you’ll learn to innovate under pressure and handle issues such as user-centred design, sustainability, emerging technology, service design, information design and interactive design. You will engage with leading design companies who set briefs, give talks and help us to develop the curriculum.
You will discover your own approach to visual problem solving and graduate with the technical, critical, and conceptual skills, highly prized by industry.
YOU MAY CHOOSE TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING NAMED AWARDS:
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design (Motion Graphics)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design (Branding)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design (Information Graphics)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design (Editorial Design)
learning, teaching and timetabling
You can read more about learning and teaching at AUB and when you will receive your timetable here.
- Order a Prospectus: you’ll receive our house of cards prospectus and our Guide to Courses
- Come to an Open Day and explore our creative community for yourself – we’d love to meet you
- Download our Little Guide to Applying and visit our How to Apply section
- Find out about Accommodation
- Read more about Managing your Money as a student