You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
No creative journey is the same but we know that inspiring your students, whatever their ambition, is at the heart of what we do in creative education.
All Access AUB
At AUB we believe that every individual should be able to access creative activities and explore new opportunities, no matter their background. That’s why we're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new post-16 access scheme ‘All Access AUB’.
It’s the first of its kind. An intensive, engaging programme of activity for students from underrepresented groups, specifically designed to support entry to creative Higher Education.
Learn more about All Access AUB
All Access AUB Participants will:
- Take part in a fully-funded summer residential, exploring and experimenting with different mediums to build a strong portfolio of work
- Have their work included as part of an industry-standard art exhibition at AUB’s TheGallery
- Be invited, alongside friends and family, to an exclusive private view of their work
- Receive one-to-one support from expert artists and designers in the development of their portfolio
- Attend a ‘transition to creative HE’ event in their second year of Sixth Form or College
- Be given extra consideration at the point of admission to AUB, including a reduced offer of up to two grades
- Support from a dedicated progression mentor through the AUB application process and beyond
Bookings are currently closed but will open in the Spring Term for All Access AUB 2023/24. Booking will be available through the website.
The All Access AUB scheme is available to students living permanently in England. Students can apply when they reach the first year of A-Level (or equivalent) study and must be aged between 16-17 at the start of the Summer Residential. To be eligible for a place learners must attend a state school or college of further education. They must also meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Have received Free School Meals at any point during your secondary school studies
- Been in local authority care or looked after for three months or more OR are estranged from your family
- Are a Young Carer
- From a Gypsy, Roma, Traveller, Showman, or Boater community
- Have a parent who has served, or is currently serving, in the armed forces
- Current home postcode shows that you live in an area with low levels of progression to Higher Education. (Postcodes within the lowest 2 POLAR4 quintiles)
- Current home postcode shows that you live in an area that falls within the lowest 20 per cent of the Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD).
Eligibility for the POLAR4 measure can be checked here (Postcodes in the lowest 2 POLAR4 quintiles qualify).
- Summer Residential: Participants will be invited to attend a four day and three-night summer residential here at the AUB Campus. You'll be invited to engage in a number of creative workshops to boost your artistic confidence, build new creative skills and create a piece for the Summer Residential Exhibition.
- Exhibition: The work created at the summer residential will be curated in a two-week exhibition taking place at TheGallery. This will be an amazing opportunity to have your work featured in a professional exhibition at an accredited venue. You'll also be invited, alongside your family, to a private view of the exhibition to celebrate your work.
- Portfolio Tutorials: Participants will have the opportunity to meet with tutors for one-to-one portfolio review sessions in preparation for your application to creative universities.
- Transition Day: Participants will return to campus for the day with a focus on navigating the transition to higher education. Participants will attend workshops that will have a focus on academic writing, time management, and making the most of student life.
- Reduced grades offer: Upon completion of the All Access AUB scheme participants will receive additional consideration from the admissions team, including a reduced conditional offer of up to two grades.
- Summer Residential : 8-11 August 2023
- Exhibition: December 2023 (date TBC)
- Portfolio Tutorials: September - December 2023 (one-to-one online session)
- Transition Day: Easter 2024 (date TBC)