You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
This exciting stage two course gives budding animators aged 12-16 the chance to develop their animation skills and learn more advanced techniques.
To book your young artist’s place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for Saturday Art School updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Saturday 6 April – 25 May 2024
How long is the course?
What time are the classes?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
Your young artist will be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course for?
This course has been developed for aspiring animators aged 12-16.
Does my young artist need any qualifications or experience?
This is an advanced course to allow young artists to further develop and practice their animation skills. It's beneficial if your young artist has already studied Animation – an Introduction (stage 1) or has some previous experience with animation.
I’m not sure if this is suitable for my young artist. Can I speak to someone?
Yes of course! If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for your young artist, get in touch with us: email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1202 363222.
Why should you choose this course?
This course is designed for budding creatives to be curious, playful, and eager to learn more about and immerse themselves in the world of animation.
Your young artist will learn alongside up to 16 other like-minded youngsters, make friends, and have fun along the way.
At the end of the course, your young artist will leave with an increased confidence in their abilities, have a wealth of new skills that they can apply to their everyday life and beyond, and an excitement for future art and design studies.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
- All course materials and resources
What should you bring to class?
- Everything your young artist will need to take part in the course will be provided by us – no hidden costs!
- Classes are practical, so wear clothes that you don't mind your young artists getting messy
About this course
Animation has no limits, and through this course, young artists aged 12-16 will develop more advanced animation skills to create more dynamic and technical work. This is a perfect opportunity for your young artists to push their ideas and let loose with their creativity.
This course has been specifically developed for animators aged 12–16 years to foster and advance their personal skills, understanding, and development in the field of creative animation.
With expert guidance from our specialist and experienced tutor, Isabel Rentoul, your young artist will expand and develop their creativity and technical skills, and gain confidence in creating and sharing work.
This is a perfect opportunity for young animators to refresh their animation knowledge, learn a wider range of animation techniques, and develop their creative skills. With a focus on storytelling and emotion, this course allows young artists to develop their own ideas, creativity, and bring them to life through animation.
Each week your young artist will learn new skills using industry standard equipment, software and techniques that are vital in the world of animation. Skills covered includes 2D animation, story development, storyboarding, concept art, and using digital animation software.
- 2D animation
- Story development
- Concept art
- Advanced skills in using industry-standard animation software
- Acting for animation
- Possess improved artistic skills, including drawing and design techniques
- Have an improved understanding of animation production, including story development, storyboarding, and concept art
- Possess and be able to put into practice a progressive understanding of the principles of animation
- Have a sound understanding of industry-standard animation software and its capabilities
- Have an understanding of the importance of preparation, practice, and perseverance within animation
- Be able to develop their ideas and bring them to life using industry-standard animation equipment
- Have increased confidence in their own skills
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Untap their potential and talent
- Appreciate teamwork and team building ethics
- Feel inspired by the new skills they've learnt and from sharing ideas with new friends
- Have the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Saturday Art School certificate of attendance.
After this course, your young artist could:
- Continue to harness their creativity; explore our full range of Saturday Art School courses to see where their creative journey will take them next
- Look forward to the future and the next step(s) in their creative journey by exploring AUB's Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media
- Continue to develop their skills at home as a hobby
- We understand how important young creative artists are – they've so much potential, untapped abilities, and enthusiasm
- Your young artist will study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- We encourage your young artist to be themselves and explore their existing interests; as such we harness their natural style and flair to enable them to develop their unique creative voice
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so they'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding your young artist back
- Your young artist will learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- They'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included, respected, and supported
- They'll benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash their creativity
Meet your young artist's tutor
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Short Courses FAQs - Evening and Weekend and Saturday Art School
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you