You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
On this cutting-edge course young artists aged 12-15 have the chance to learn digital design skills used by creative game designers, product designers and animators.
To book your place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for Saturday Art School updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Spring term 2025
Saturday 1 February – 22 March 2025
How long is the course?
What time are the classes?
Who's this course for?
This course has been developed for aspiring digital designers aged 12-15.
Does my young artist need any qualifications or experience?
No. This is an introductory course, so your young artist doesn't need any previous experience, just buckets of enthusiasm and keen to try new things!
I’m not sure if this is suitable for my young artist. Can I speak to someone?
Yes of course! If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for your young artist, get in touch with us: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
- All course materials and resources
- Everything your young artist will need to take part in the course will be provided by us – no hidden costs!
- Classes are practical, so wear clothes that you don't mind your young artists getting messy
- Drinks and snacks for break time and duration of class; please ensure snacks do not contain nuts
- It's strongly advised phones, tablets and other valuables are not brought to class. Any personal possessions are the responsibility of your young artist and AUB will not be liable for any loss or damage
About this course
This cutting-edge and inspiring course gives young artists aged 12-15 the chance to broaden their creative horizons by exploring the world of digital modelmaking and design – an increasingly popular discipline within the creative industries.
We'll introduce budding designers to specialist digital skills used by game designers, product designers and animators in the industry, using programmes such as Cinema 4D, Blender, Photoshop, and more.
This course will take your young artist on a design journey similar to industry professionals, from super creative 2D digital designs to fantastic 3D models that could be used as game assets, model figures or in animation.
They'll have the opportunity to design imaginative characters and creatures, create realistic objects and unlock the possibilities of 3D modelmaking.
During each session, your young artist will gain a new set of skills and create a unique piece of work that they can be proud of. Each task will be linked to a professional area within the industry. All materials are provided as well as tips on how to practise digital 3D modelling at home!
Your young artist will be expertly guided in learning a wealth of new skills by their tutor, Jessica Tipper, who's an artist and teacher specialising in digital and sculptural art and design. All young artists will have the chance to use creative freedom outside a traditional classroom setting.
Aspiring artists interested in exploring the new generation of art and design technology will thrive on this course and will be supported by their tutors to use creative freedom outside of a traditional classroom setting.
- Create 3D models – from idea to finished model
- Skills and techniques to bring designs to life using 3D design programmes
- Introduction to using 3D deign programmes and how to use their tools effectively and efficiently, including Cinema 4D, Blender, and Photoshop
- Fundamental digital-based art skills, processes and manipulation
- Explore a range of professional digital professions
- Drawing, sketching and idea development
- Basic colour usage and theory
At the end of the course your young artist will:
- Possess improved drawing and artistic techniques
- Understand how various 3D design programmes can be used to bring their characters to life
- Possess new skills to enable them to take their ideas from the flat page and convey them digitally in 3D
- Feel confident approaching 3D modelling and have gained a feel for a selection of software
- Be the proud owner of a portfolio of experimental and finished digital works and a 3D print
- Have increased confidence in their own skills
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Feel inspired by the new skills they've learnt and from sharing ideas with new friends
- Have the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
- You can request a certificate to confirm your young artist's achievements, providing they have 100% attendance record. To request a certificate please get in touch with us at email@example.com and confirm name of your young artist and the title of course they've completed
Meet your tutor
Beyond the course
This could just be the start of your young artist's creative journey! After this course, your young artist could further their digital skills, continue to harness their creativity and explore alternative Saturday Art School subjects or look forward to the future and the next step(s) in their creative journey by exploring AUB's Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media.
On this exciting course, young artists aged 11-14 have the chance to master digital creation using Photoshop.
Animation – Advancing Skills (stage 2)
This exciting stage two course gives budding animators aged 12-16 the chance to develop more advanced and technical animation skills.
Important information about Saturday Art School courses
Why choose Saturday Art School for your young artist?
At Saturday Art School we encourage your young artists to be themselves; there's no right or wrong way to be creative.
Short Courses FAQs – Evening and Weekend and Saturday Art School
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Saturday Art School booking T&Cs
Please read our terms and conditions carefully before booking your young artist onto our Saturday Art School courses.
How to book
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.