You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
- To encourage students and staff to commute by sustainable means e.g. walking, cycling, public transport or car-sharing.
- To provide incentives to travel sustainability e.g. bus cards and cycle scheme.
- To monitor travel and associated emissions and set targets.
- To promote a sustainable, integrated approach to transport, which will reduce the impact of the University on the local environment and community, particularly in terms of congestion and traffic pollution, and ensure we are making a contribution to national carbon reduction targets, by reducing single-occupancy car use and increasing the use of sustainable modes of transport such as walking, cycling and public transport.
- Since the launch of the first Sustainable Transport and Travel Plan, we’ve been committed to investing in the necessary measures, initiatives and infrastructure required to promote sustainable travel behaviour, and we have a proven track record of success. Since 2002, single occupancy car use has been reduced from 64% to 49% for staff, and from 15% to 12% for students.
- We’ve seen so many benefits from out Sustainable transport and travel plan already – like introducing university bus services, installing more sheltered cycle racks and other cycle storage provision, better travel information, and incentives such as salary sacrifice schemes and interest-free loans.
Explore the campus
Our campus is a living, breathing, academic environment for creativity – it's where you'll make amazing things happen
Explore AUB's creative campus with our new 360° virtual tour
Our icon, blue Drawing Studio is used by student from all courses and was designed by Alumnus, Sir Peter Cook
Our in-house gallery, TheGallery, is a major resource for contemporary art and design in the South of England
MoDiP is the UK's leading resource for the study and interpretation of design in plastics and specialist research resource
The Environment and AUB
Our goal is to ensure a sustainable future for the University as a specialist provider of arts, design, media and performance education
The Library at AUB holds an excellent range of print and online collections
Printroom and Passiv Haus
The Printroom and Passiv Haus are two great facilities available to all AUB student
Bournemouth Film School
With a history spanning over 50 years, BFS sits at the heart of AUB, setting the standard for turning creativity into careers
Food and Drink
We’ve got plenty of food and drink choices all over the AUB campus
Theatre and Dance Studios
Our purpose-built Theatre and Dance studios allow creativity to flourish, student collaborations