You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
In this experimental course, young artists aged 10-12 will explore a range of different mediums and discover new ways to create.
To book your young artist’s place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Saturday 6 April – 25 May 2024
How long is the course?
What time are the classes?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
Your young artist will be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course for?
This course has been developed for aspiring artists aged 10-12.
Does my young artist need any qualifications or experience?
No. This is an introductory course, so your young artist doesn't need any previous experience, just buckets of enthusiasm!
I’m not sure if this is suitable for my young artist. Can I speak to someone?
Yes of course! If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for your young artist, get in touch with us: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1202 363222.
Why should you choose this course?
This course is designed for budding creatives to be curious, playful, and eager to learn more about and immerse themselves in the world of art and design.
Your young artist will learn alongside up to 16 other like-minded youngsters, make friends, and have fun along the way.
At the end of the course, your young artist will leave with an increased confidence in their abilities, have a wealth of new skills that they can apply to their everyday life and beyond, and an excitement for future art and design studies.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
- All course materials and resources
What should you bring to class?
- Everything your young artist will need to take part in the course will be provided by us – no hidden costs!
- Classes are practical, so wear clothes that you don't mind your young artists getting messy
About this course
This experimental and exploratory course has been designed for aspiring artists aged 10-12 – it's the perfect step up for any of our Young Artists. They’ll unleash their imaginations and explore the potential of their own creativity using a range of methods and materials, including painting, drawing, printmaking, modelmaking, idea exploration and much, much more.
This exciting and hands-on course offers budding young artists and designers the opportunity to develop their natural creative interests within a structured taught programme.
Your young artists will explore the potential of their own creativity using a range of methods and materials. This’ll give them the chance to develop a range of skills and techniques that’ll allow them to work in a variety of different mediums and combine them to create truly expressive pieces of work.
This course has been designed especially for young artists that wish to develop independent skills and advance their own creative journey through a range of materials and techniques, some of which may not be covered in their school art classes.
Your young artists will be supported to fully explore their creative talent and future potential, with the aim of helping them discover the art and design discipline that they wish to specialise in.
We encourage our young creatives to be themselves, and as such we harness a budding artists’ natural style and flair, therefore enabling them to utilise existing creative interests and acquire new skills in the development of their own unique creative visual language.
It goes without saying, too, that we ensure all our young learners are included, respected, and supported every step of the way on their creative journey with us. We offer excellent facilities in an environment which truly fosters and encourages creativity.
- Explore a range of materials and different processes
- Get to grips using a range of professional tools, equipment, and studio environments
- Contemporary design
- Experiment with different art disciplines, including painting, drawing, printmaking, and modelmaking
- Art theory
- Sustainability and environmental impact
- Develop their personal style
- Possess improved artistic skills
- Understand how to use a range of professional tools safely and effectively
- Be able to use a range of different art materials and understand which materials best suit their intentions
- Have developed a variety of traditional and contemporary design techniques
- Understand issues surrounding sustainability and the environment
- Know which art discipline they wish to specialise in
- Have increased confidence in their own skills
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Untap their potential and talent
- Appreciate the importance of good time management
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore their ideas
- Appreciate teamwork and team building ethics
- Feel inspired by the new skills they've learnt and from sharing ideas with new friends
- Have the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Saturday Art School certificate of attendance.
After this course, your young artist could:
- Explore Art and Design using Mixed Media for more advanced artists aged 12-15
- Continue to harness their creativity; explore our full range of Saturday Art School courses to see where their creative journey will take them next
- Look forward to the future and the next step(s) in their creative journey by exploring AUB's Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media
- Continue to develop their skills at home as a hobby
- We understand how important young creative artists are – they've so much potential, untapped abilities, and enthusiasm
- Your young artist will study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- We encourage your young artist to be themselves and explore their existing interests; as such we harness their natural style and flair to enable them to develop their unique creative voice
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so they'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding your young artist back
- Your young artist will learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- They'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included, respected, and supported
- They'll benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash their creativity
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Short Courses FAQs - Evening and Weekend and Saturday Art School
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you