‘Made in Britain’ is a label sought after throughout the world. The UK textile industry offers graduates an opportunity to work with businesses that range from fashion to interiors.
Looking to start in 2017? There’s still time to apply for this course through UCAS. Visit our how to apply page for more information.
On this course you’ll learn practical, professional and entrepreneurial skills that equip you to work as part of a team, or even set up your own business.
Traditional skills and a modern outlook
The syllabus is a broad reaching creative study of the discipline and its applications including: surface print, stitch embellishment, dyeing and mixed media construction. You’ll have the chance to focus on a variety of specialist areas, including textiles for fashion, textiles for interiors and textiles as design/crafts.
Traditional skills are taught together with expertise in design development, production and contemporary invention. Whether you go on to work for a retail brand or an international design house, we will prepare you for the challenges the creative textile industry holds.
LEARNING, TEACHING AND TIMETABLING
You can read more about learning and teaching at AUB and when you will receive your timetable here.
- Order a Prospectus: you’ll receive our house of cards prospectus and our Guide to Courses
- Come to an Open Day and explore our creative community for yourself – we’d love to meet you
- Download our Little Guide to Applying and visit our How to Apply section
- Find out about Accommodation
- Read more about Managing your Money as a student