You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
This hands-on course has been specially designed for budding makers aged 10-12 to turn their ideas into stunning pieces of jewellery.
To book your young artist’s place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for Saturday Art School updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Saturday 27 January – 16 March 2024
How long is the course?
What time are the classes?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
Your young artist will be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course for?
This course has been developed for aspiring jewellery makers aged 10-12.
Does my young artist need any qualifications or experience?
No. This is an introductory course, so your young artist doesn't need any previous experience, just buckets of enthusiasm!
I’m not sure if this is suitable for my young artist. Can I speak to someone?
Yes of course! If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for your young artist, get in touch with us: email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1202 363222.
Why should you choose this course?
This course is designed for budding creatives to be curious, playful, and eager to learn more about and immerse themselves in the world of jewellery making.
Your young artist will learn alongside up to 16 other like-minded youngsters, make friends, and have fun along the way.
At the end of the course, your young artist will leave with an increased confidence in their abilities, have a wealth of new skills that they can apply to their everyday life and beyond, and an excitement for future art and design studies.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
- All course materials and resources
What should you bring to class?
- Everything your young artist will need to take part in the course will be provided by us – no hidden costs!
- Classes are practical, so wear clothes that you don't mind your young artists getting messy
About this course
On this course your young makers will be expertly led to turn their ideas into designs and their designs into stunning pieces of jewellery. They’ll learn the fundamental skills needed to produce a variety of pieces of jewellery, including necklaces, earrings, and bracelets, as well as take part in group discussions to share their ideas and evolve their concepts.
As the course progresses, your young makers will develop their skills and learn a range of different techniques to make their pieces stand out. Plus, they’ll be shown how to use a range of different jewellery making tools effectively and safely.
Each week your young creators will undertake a different project and a different type of jewellery. They’ll be encouraged to develop their own style and allow their creative voice to influence their ideas and designs.
The course will culminate with a final project that encompasses all the techniques learned throughout the course, allowing your young artists to consolidate their skills. At every opportunity they’ll be given support and advice to enable them to push their creative boundaries and free their imagination.
- How to use a wide range of jewellery making tools safely and effectively
- Design sketching and developing
- Exploration of different crafting materials
- Open, closing, and creating jump rings
- Making links
- Beaded chain link jewellery: earrings, pendants, bracelets
- Wire manipulation to create unique jewellery
- Polymer clay charms
- Beaded wire wrapped rings and bangles
- Crafting using non-conventional or recycled materials
- Tactile chain tassel pendants and layered necklaces
- Possess improved artistic and design skills
- Be able to use a range of jewellery making equipment and tools safely and effectively
- Have a fundamental understanding of the skills and techniques required to make a range of different jewellery items
- Possess the ability to take an idea from concept, to design, to finished piece with confidence
- Be the proud owner of a collection of wearable jewellery pieces that they’ve completed throughout the course and showcases the development of their skills
- Have increased confidence in their own skills
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Untap their potential and talent
- Appreciate the importance of good time management
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore their ideas
- Appreciate teamwork and team building ethics
- Feel inspired by the new skills they've learnt and from sharing ideas with new friends
- Have the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Saturday Art School certificate of attendance.
After this course, your young artist could:
- Continue to harness their creativity; explore our full range of Saturday Art School courses to see where their creative journey will take them next
- Look forward to the future and the next step(s) in their creative journey by exploring AUB's Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media
- Continue to develop their skills at home as a hobby
- We understand how important young creative artists are – they've so much potential, untapped abilities, and enthusiasm
- Your young artist will study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- We encourage your young artist to be themselves and explore their existing interests; as such we harness their natural style and flair to enable them to develop their unique creative voice
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so they'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding your young artist back
- Your young artist will learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- They'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included, respected, and supported
- They'll benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash their creativity
Meet your young artist’s tutor
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Short Courses FAQs - Evening and Weekend and Saturday Art School
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you