You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Saturday 15 April – 3 June 2023, 09.30-12.30
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus
Your young artist will be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course for?
This course has been developed for budding creatives aged 12-15.
This is an introductory course, so your young artist doesn't need any previous experience, just buckets of enthusiasm!
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for your young artist, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
Why should you choose this course?
This course is designed for budding creatives to be curious, playful, and eager to learn about creating art on glass.
Your young artist will learn alongside up to 16 other like-minded youngsters, make friends, and have fun along the way.
At the end of the course, your young artist will leave with an increased confidence in their abilities, have a wealth of new skills that they can apply to their everyday life and beyond, and an excitement for future art and design studies.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
- All course materials and resources
What should you bring to class?
- Everything your young artist will need to take part in the course will be provided by us – no hidden costs!
- Classes are practical, so ensure your young artist wears clothes that you don't mind getting messy
About this course
This special summer edition of Saturday Art School gives young artists aged 12-15 a comprehensive introduction to the world of creating art using glass.
Throughout the course your young artist will undertake a number of immersive 2D and 3D projects to develop their creativity and design skills using the alternative and unique medium of glass as their primary canvas.
Throughout this course, your young artist will unleash their imagination and develop creative flair through a series of captivating glass art workshops.
They'll develop skills in drawing, design, and painting, and experiment with colour effects and shape. These newfound skills will be applied to their final designs, which will consist of a variety of specially selected glass models and artefacts. To do this they'll use specialist glass paints to create a range of effects and learn distinctive application techniques along the way.
This course has been specifically designed for young artists that are seeking to develop independent skills using alternative mediums, and to advance their creative journey through a range of fun and unusual methods.
- Undertake contemporary glass art projects
- Learn about glass awareness, safety, and glass preparation
- Explore both contemporary and traditional design elements
- Introduction to materials and properties of glass art
- Experiment with a range of design approaches
- Repeat pattern, scale, line and texture onto glass
- Use a range of mediums to create a mixed media panel, including glass, metal, acrylic, and more
- Explore the sustainability of glass art, including learning about the materials and their environmental impact
- Explore their own style and artistic flair
- Possess improved design capabilities and and artistic techniques
- Have increased confidence in their own skills using new materials and processes
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Untap their potential and talent
- Appreciate teamwork and team building ethics
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore their ideas
- Feel inspired by the new skills they've learnt and from sharing ideas with new friends
- Have the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance.
After this course, your young artist could:
- Continue to harness their creativity; explore our full range of Saturday Art School courses to see where their creative journey will take them next
- Look forward to the future and the next step(s) in their creative journey by exploring AUB's Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media
- Continue to develop their skills at home as a hobby
- Your young artist will study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so they'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- Your young artist will learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- They'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- You'll benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, plus use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash their creativity
Meet your tutor
Glass art gallery
Your young artist will develop a range of new art and design skills and techniques that'll allow them to work on the unique medium of glass. Through both 2D and 3D projects, they'll explore a variety of different techniques whilst experimenting with colour, composition and shape. All projects will unleash your young artist's imagination and allow their voice to shine through.