You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop are powerful post-production tools used by photographers and editors to elevate images. On this 10-week course, you’ll master using them.
To book your place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for short course updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
You can study this course in either the autumn or spring term. Choose your preferred term when booking.
Monday 2 October – 4 December 2023
Monday 15 January – 18 March 2024
How long is the course?
What time will your classes be?
10 Monday evenings, 18.00-21.00
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus
You'll be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course suitable for?
This course has been developed for creatives, photographers, and aspiring editors aged 18+.
Perfect for anyone who has a passion to learn and develop their post-production and editing skills.
It's suitable if you're a beginner or if you've some previous experience with editing and wish to develop your skills further.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications?
This is an introductory course, so no previous knowledge or experience is required.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
All course materials and resources.
Are there any additional costs?
No, all materials and resources are included in your course fee.
Please note, you may find it beneficial to practice your skills in between sessions. To do this, you’ll need to have access to a computer with Adobe Creative Suite installed. You can get a 7-day free trial from Adobe after which you can purchase the software from £51.98 per month.
What should you bring to class?
- Notebook and pens/pencils to take notes
Why should you choose this course?
- Come away with enhanced knowledge, skills, and confidence to edit your photos using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Gain hands-on experience experimenting with different techniques and working with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Experiment with a range of different tools to enable you to edit and manipulate images with ease
- Gain an understanding of the principles of editing and leave with a strong portfolio of work that shows off your newly developed skills
- Develop your technical skills and unique creative voice
- Receive expert support and guidance from your industry professional tutor at every turn
- Leave with increased confidence and the skills to continue acting beyond the course
- Study in an encouraging and friendly setting alongside 14 like-minded creatives
About this course
Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop Adobe Photoshop Lightroom allow photographers to create amazing photos from anywhere through photo editing and organising. Working in tandem, these two programmes provide you with all the desktop editing tools you need to bring out the best in your photos.
On this course you’ll explore the most efficient and effective methods to maximise digital workflow solutions and explore the many creative possibilities for your images.
Using Mac computers, you'll be guided through the process of how to manage your digital workflow and output high quality images through Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop.
You'll learn and explore the most commonly used commands and techniques to improve your workflow and the countless creative possibilities available to give your images maximum impact.
Starting with RAW files you'll be shown how to process and then prepare the images for various web and digital outputs, along with higher resolution print output. This’ll lead to discussions around print and where your images may be placed after the digital process has concluded.
You'll move between Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop programs seeing and appreciating where the programs are similar, and where each individual program excels.
You'll learn how to automate processes, combine exposures, and create composites, work with layers and make adjustments. You'll also explore how to create composites as well as portrait retouching techniques.
- Work with RAW file formats, DNG file formats, XMP data
- File organisation and automation
- Making collections
- Non-destructive image processing
- Slide show output, printing, and web output
- Constructing and uploading sophisticated web galleries
- Manipulation techniques
- Adjusting layer styles and effects
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop software and be able to navigate it with ease and utilise the tools efficiently
- Understand the fundamental elements of editing
- Have a strong portfolio of work that showcases your newly developed skills
- Have increased confidence in your own skills and feel inspired
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore your ideas, remembering that there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- Possess the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance. To request your certificate contact the short courses team: email@example.com or call 01202 363222.
After this course, you could:
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- You'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Meet your tutor
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Short Courses FAQs - Evening and Weekend and Saturday Art School
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you