APPLYING THROUGH CLEARING COULD BE THE BEST DECISION YOU’LL EVER MAKE. YOU’LL FIND OUT EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW RIGHT HERE.
Clearing 2019 opens on the 5th July 2019.
How clearing works
Clearing is a chance for applicants without a university place for 2019 to find one.
Despite what you may have heard, Clearing isn’t a race for places or a reason to feel worried.
It is an opportunity to find a new course that could turn out to be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make.
If you’re unsure about where to start, don’t worry.
Follow our four simple steps to clearing:
- Start by speaking to teachers or careers advisors about your next steps. Give us a call to discuss the course you are interested in – we’re here to help you and answer any questions
- Some courses may not be available through clearing, so be sure to take a look at related courses. Some of the alternatives may turn out to be perfect for you
- Before you call, make sure you have your UCAS personal ID no, clearing no, and grades you have achieved to hand. We may also ask to see a portfolio of your work at a later date
- If you have not made an application to University for 2019 then you can apply through Clearing from July – it’s not too late to find a place at AUB.
Applying before the 5th July
Clearing officially opens on 5th July 2019, but if you’d like to apply for one of our courses before then, you can do so through UCAS here.
If you are interested in applying to an AUB course through Clearing you may want to check out our course information pages and portfolio and audition guidelines so when you do apply you’ll be fully prepared.
The following courses are still open to all applicants for a September 2019 start:
- BA (Hons) Architecture
- BA (Hons) Commercial Photography
- BA (Hons) Costume and Performance Design
- BA (Hons) Creative Events Management
- BA (Hons) Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) Fashion
- BA (Hons) Fashion Branding and Communication
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design
- BA (Hons) Modelmaking
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BA (Hons) Textiles
- BA (Hons) Visual Communication
- BA (Hons) Visual Effects (VFX) for Film and Television
You can still apply through UCAS for these courses. If you have any queries about the application process, please contact our Admissions team on email@example.com. You can also call us on 01202 363225 or 01202 363228.
Student Clearing Experiences
“I found the Clearing process very quick and simple.” Emily currently studies BA (Hons) Architecture at AUB and is in her first year. She tells us more about applying through Clearing.Find out more
“Applying here is the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.” Leah is in her first year, studying BA (Hons) Creative Writing. She applied directly through Clearing in 2017. She tells us more about her experience of the application process.FIND OUT MORE
To help you make your decision, we have pulled together some answers to questions that we often get asked about Clearing.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR CLEARING?
You’re eligible for Clearing if:
- You have your results for the qualifications that you have taken.
- You don’t currently hold any offers through UCAS – or you haven’t applied through UCAS for 2019.
If you want to apply to AUB during Clearing and you already hold offers through UCAS, you can be released. You just need to contact your current firm choice and ask for them to release you into Clearing. You will then be eligible.
How soon can I apply through Clearing
Clearing opens on 5th July 2019 and you can apply as soon as you have all of your results. You can apply before then through UCAS even if you’re still waiting for results.
Can I apply as a mature student?
Anyone can apply to Arts University Bournemouth, no matter what their age or background. Many students start their university journey at different stages in their lives and we welcome students of all ages to AUB.
What grades do i need?
We consider all applications as a whole and welcome enquiries from anyone who is ready for university study.
I APPLIED TO AUB EARLIER THIS YEAR. CAN I APPLY AGAIN IN CLEARING?
Yes – we are happy to reconsider applicants who have applied previously, whether we made you an offer or not.
I’M AN EU OR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT – CAN I APPLY THROUGH CLEARING?
Yes – Clearing works exactly the same for EU and International students. We’ll also need to ask you about your English Language qualifications.
I’VE CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT MY FIRM CHOICE – CAN I APPLY TO AUB IN CLEARING?
Yes – once you have your results, you’ll just need to contact your current firm choice and ask them to “release” you into Clearing.
Once you have been released, you can apply to study at AUB. Please do get in touch with us if you’d like more help with this.
I don’t have my results yet – can I apply anyway?
Yes. You can apply through UCAS ahead of 5th July 2019, when Clearing officially opens.
After the 1st July 2019 you can fill out our online application form or apply over the phone by calling us. We’ll be in touch with you again when you know your grades.
I'VE ALREADY RECEIVED MY RESULTS, CAN I APPLY NOW?
WHAT DO I NEED TO HAVE READY WHEN I CONTACT YOU?
- UCAS personal ID number – if you have already made a UCAS application
- If you are eligible for Clearing, UCAS will have sent you a Clearing Number which is displayed in Track. We need your Clearing Number to confirm that we can consider you in Clearing. We can then view your complete application immediately via our link to UCAS.
- When you call we also need to know what qualifications you hold and what grades you have achieved. For example: A levels at BCC or a Pass in Foundation Diploma in Art & Design or DMM in BTEC Extended Diploma.
- For most courses we will need to see a portfolio and Admissions will send you details of this and how to send it to us.
Can I call on behalf of my child/ a student?
We appreciate that results day and clearing can be a daunting time and that some students would prefer a parent or guardian to discuss their options on their behalf. You are able to call on behalf of your child to discuss clearing options, but it is essential that your child is present with you at the time of calling, so they can give our admissions team permission for you to discuss their options.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT I NEED TO KNOW?
- The Admissions Team need to speak to you in person so please don’t ask a friend or parent to phone in for you. Unfortunately, we cannot discuss the details of your application with your parents or teachers.
- If you have not made an application via UCAS this year you can still apply to us. We will need your address, email, phone number and details of your qualifications.
- We will also re-consider applicants who applied to us earlier this year.
- Find out more about Clearing on the UCAS website.
WHAT ABOUT ACCOMMODATION?
There is still plenty of time to organise where you’re going to live too.
We are here to help first-year students get settled quickly in the accommodation that’s right for them.
We will be holding an Accommodation Day in the summer. This will give you the opportunity for you to meet other students, form house-sharing groups and view private rented accommodation in the local area.
For more details visit: aub.ac.uk/accommodation.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I APPLY?
We’ll email you to confirm that your application is complete. We might also ask you to send us your digital portfolio or a digital audition, if the course you’re applying for requires it. We’ll email you to explain how to do this. This will be sent on to our course teams for them to review.
Once we have all of your details, we’ll make a decision as soon as possible. If we need more information, or if there is a delay, we will keep you updated by email. If you’re successful, we’ll email you an offer with instructions on how to accept your place via UCAS Track.
Once your place is confirmed through UCAS, we’ll send you our welcome information to help you prepare for the start of your course.
DO I NEED TO ATTEND AN INTERVIEW OR AUDITION?
We do not hold interviews for Clearing so we can get our decisions to you faster. Clearing applicants for our BA (Hons) Acting and BA (Hons) Dance courses will need to provide a digital audition, but we’ll send you more information about this when you apply. You can also check our audition guidelines for Dance and for Acting so you know what the Teams are looking for.
DO I NEED A PORTFOLIO?
If you’re applying for a course that requires a portfolio, we’ll ask you to send us a link to your digital portfolio. We’ll email you to explain how to do this. We recommend that you take a look at our course specific portfolio guidelines for help with preparing your portfolio.
WHAT ABOUT STUDENT FINANCE?
If you’ve already applied for finance then you can change the university and course on your Student Finance application online.
If you haven’t applied yet, don’t worry. There’s still time to arrange this and our Clearing team can help you with the process.
FIVE REASONS TO STUDY AT AUB:
#1 FOR EMPLOYABILITY
98%* employment rate. We are a gateway to the £92 billion creative industries.
Rated ‘Gold’ by the TEF, our teaching is the highest quality in the UK
CAMPUS LIKE NO OTHER
Our stunning campus is a creative hub designed for specialists, with head-turning architecture.
No creative subject stands alone at AUB and our collaborations extend into industry.
Our community engages with some of the most pressing issues facing the human race today.
AUB Student Life
Our stunning, state-of-the-art campus is a creative hub with head-turning architecture and industry-standard equipment.Find out more
LIFE AT AUB INFORMATION
We believe people learn best in a vibrant, caring environment. We want to help you thrive while you’re here.Find out more
GUIDE TO BOURNEMOUTH
Bournemouth and Poole offer plenty to do, from nightlife to sport, and from countryside to town. We’ve got award-winning beaches, famous nightlife, a thriving arts scene, and outstanding natural beauty.Find out more
ACCOMMODATION SUPPORT LIKE NO OTHER
We are here to help get you settled into the accommodation that’s right for you.
AUB has increased its provision in 2019 for student halls and are confident that we will be able to offer accommodation to clearing students through either halls of residence. If you’d like to live in a student house. we’ve got that covered too! Our popular AUB Accommodation Day enables students to form house sharing groups and find that student house that is a home.
When you apply to AUB through Clearing, we’ll put you in touch with one of our friendly Student Advisers who will chat you through your options so that you can find the home that’s right for you.
You can contact our accommodation team on +44 1202 363780 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Shows 2019
Each year, our BA Summer Shows showcase the amazing work of our graduating third-year students. You are welcome to come and see their work on display at the AUB campus during the summer shows.