You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
In this exciting and energetic course young dancers aged 7-10 will explore the world of dance and choreography.
To book your young artist’s place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Saturday 6 April – 25 May 2024
How long is the course?
What time are the classes?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
Your young artist will be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course for?
This course has been developed for aspiring dancers aged 7-10.
Does my young dancer need any qualifications or experience?
No. This is an introductory course, so your young dancer doesn't need any previous experience, just buckets of enthusiasm!
I’m not sure if this is suitable for my young dancer. Can I speak to someone?
Yes of course! If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for your young artist, get in touch with us: email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1202 363222.
Why should you choose this course?
This course is designed for budding dancers to be curious, playful, and eager to learn more about and immerse themselves in the world of performance.
Your young artist will learn alongside up to 16 other like-minded youngsters, make friends, and have fun along the way.
At the end of the course, your young dancer will leave with an increased confidence in their abilities, have a wealth of new skills that they can apply to their everyday life and beyond, and an excitement for future dance studies.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
- All course materials and resources
What should you bring to class?
- Everything your young artist will need to take part in the course will be provided by us – no hidden costs!
- A water bottle (refills available on campus)
- Snacks for energy
- Classes are practical, so wear clothes that your young dancer can move around in comfortably
About this course
This exciting and energetic course has been designed for aspiring artists aged 7-10 years. It offers budding young dancers an introduction to the world of dance and choreography. Your young dancer will explore this unique art form, mainly through the style of contemporary dance, taking inspiration from a variety of styles and dance influences.
Sessions will include a range of creative activities that allow movement vocabulary to be made in collaboration with a range of other art forms. Each class will explore new and innovative ways of movement and physical fitness. Performance opportunities will be considered as the sessions evolve, alongside our BA(Hons) Dance programme.
Based in our specialist dance studios, students will be able to connect and communicate through movement and gain confidence as they develop their own style and movement narrative.
We ensure all our young learners are included, respected, and supported every step of the way on their creative journey with us. We offer excellent facilities in an environment which truly fosters and encourages creativity. Dance is social and connected art form. We work to create a safe and inclusive environment where everyone feels they can have a creative voice.
- A range of different dance styles and influences
- Performance skills and dance techniques
- Explore the benefits of contemporary and interpretive dance
- Dance in a professional studio environment
- Develop their creativity and individuality
- Possess improved dance skills
- Understand how to use a range of different dance techniques and apply them to choreography
- Be able to dance a range of styles
- Have developed a personal and distinct dance style
- Understand the benefits of contemporary and interpretive dance
- Have increased confidence in their own skills
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Untap their potential and talent
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore their ideas
- Appreciate teamwork and team building ethics
- Feel inspired by the new skills they've learnt and from sharing ideas with new friends
- Have the foundations to continue dancing beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Saturday Art School certificate of attendance.
After this course, your young artist could:
- Continue to harness their creativity; explore our full range of Saturday Art School courses to see where their creative journey will take them next
- Look forward to the future and the next step(s) in their creative journey by exploring AUB's Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media
- Continue to develop their skills at home as a hobby
- We understand how important young creative artists are – they've so much potential, untapped abilities, and enthusiasm
- Your young artist will study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- We encourage your young artist to be themselves and explore their existing interests; as such we harness their natural style and flair to enable them to develop their unique creative voice
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so they'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding your young artist back
- Your young artist will learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- They'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included, respected, and supported
- They'll benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash their creativity
Meet your young dancer's tutors
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Short Courses FAQs - Evening and Weekend and Saturday Art School
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you