You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
This exciting one-week workshop will equip you with the mindset, the confidence and the skills that will help you stand out in a rapidly growing industry of digital media content creation.
To book your place today, simply click 'book now' to be taken to AUB's secure online store where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for summer course updates.
What you need to know
When does the course run?
Monday 12 August – Friday 16 August 2024
How long is the course?
What time will my classes be?
There'll be a daily lunch break, plus other breaks within the schedule.
In addition to the course's teaching hours, you'll be able to access our studios in the early evenings to continue working on your pieces at your own pace, if you wish.
Who's this course suitable for?
The minimum age for this course is 18.
We welcome aspiring content creators of all ages and abilities; it's perfect for anyone who has a passion to learn and develop their skills.
Do I need qualifications for this course?
There are no formal academic entry requirements or qualifications needed to study this course.
As an introductory course, no previous understanding or experience, in either social media or content creation, is required.
I'm not sure if this course is suitable for me, can I contact you?
If you're unsure if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us and we'll advise you. Either email us at email@example.com or call us on +44 1202 363222.
You can choose to add our economically priced residential package to your course fee. Choose your package during the booking process.
Residential package includes
- Full-board catering on-site at AUB (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Accommodation in AUB Halls of Residence, situated on AUB's campus
- En-suite private room in a cluster flat with shared kitchen and lounge
- Rooms are furnished with single bed, wardrobe, drawers, desk and chair
- All bed linen supplied
- Halls of Residence Wi-Fi
- 24-hour on-site security staff and live-in AUB residential staff (help is available 24/7)
Take a look at AUB’s Halls of Residence, just click on the Campus Halls option.
See below the prices of our packages. Choose your package during the booking process.
Course fee only
Course fee PLUS residential
What's included in my course fee?
- All resources and equipment
There are no additional costs for this course; all resources are provided as part of your course fee.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and progress amongst like-minded students
About this course
Get the mindset, the confidence and the skills that you need to ensure you stand out in a rapidly growing industry of digital media content creation. This one-week course is designed for anyone with an interest in, and fascination for, creating exciting, relevant, and engaging digital content.
This course will introduce you to creating exciting, meaningful, and targeted content for social media, digital marketing, branding, and business applications with a focus on the creative industries.
You'll explore case studies of successful brands within the social media space and learn how to analyse and adapt, as well as how to use images, fonts, colours, and branding within the content creation space.
You’ll also explore marketing and content space from a psychology perspective, and understand why certain things work and others don’t, how to navigate content from a ‘human’ perspective and learn how content can use psychology in a beneficial way for consumers and brands.
You'll learn how to analyse a brand tone of voice and personality, strategise the most effective way to market a brand on social media, and how to effectively create content for different media channels. You’ll gain a deep insight into how these practices work through marketing psychology and learn how to take advantage of ‘why’ and ‘how’ the content you create, works.
Throughout this intensive course you'll build your overall knowledge of social media management and content creation for businesses and influencers. You'll develop and understanding of how social media content can make or break a brand and learn how to creatively identify and implement new campaign ideas.
You'll also have the chance to work on your own content creation ideas and projects that will develop and advance during the course, with close guidance and support from your expert tutor.
By the end of course, you’ll have developed knowledge of the social media space, understand how content creation works and why it's crucial to the future success of business. You'll also be able to confidently identify new trends, as well as possess the essential skills required for creating engaging content and analyse what works and why. You’ll also be given a reading list to explore and extend your future studies, should you wish.
- Understand digital content, target audiences, platforms, and formats
- Content planning and strategy
- Writing digital content
- Visual content creation
- Social media and content distribution
- Legal and ethical considerations
- The role of ‘Influencers’
- Psychology in content creation
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Summer Course certificate of attendance. You'll receive this at the end of your course.
On your last day there'll be an exhibition of the work created on the course; celebrate your achievements and those of your fellow content creators.
The Summer Courses team invite you to attend an optional farewell meal at a local restaurant. A perfect conclusion to your creative week where new friendships and skills shall be celebrated.
After this course you could:
- Use your new skills to further your career or change direction
- Continue to develop your skills at home as a hobby
- Develop a robust portfolio of personal work to contribute to further study or employment
Further study opportunities
You may wish to consider the following further study options:
You can also continue to harness your creativity; explore our full range of evening and weekend courses courses to see where your creative journey will take you next, including further Business, Marketing and Web Publishing short courses.
- All specialist tools, equipment and course materials are included in your course fee
- Come away with increased confidence in your content creation skills and enhanced knowledge
- Develop understanding of effective content for relevant and targeted audiences
- Gain insight into the world of content creation and how it has become the most prominent method of marketing
- Learn how to introduce elements of psychology in marketing and why this is important for connecting with consumers/watchers successfully
- Gain hands-on experience in creating content and idea generation
- Receive expert support and guidance from a practising industry professional, including feedback on your ideas and work
- The opportunity to network and share ideas with other students from around the globe
- Access AUB's industry-standard studio spaces, including the specialist equipment and materials relevant to your discipline
- Leave with skills and foundations that you can use at home to continue creating beyond this course
- Study alongside up to 16 like-minded students and have fun
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – so we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Your tutor is an industry professional, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, plus use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Meet your tutor
All you need to know about studying your Summer Artisan Workshop
Why choose AUB for your summer course?
We're a first-choice provider of residential and online courses for students wishing to engage in a creative course experience
Residential packages for Summer Artisan Workshops
When you book your course, you have the chance to add our residential package to your booking.
Entry requirements for summer courses
Entry requirements for Summer Courses, including English Language requirements
Booking your Summer Artisan Workshop place
How to book your summer course and payment options
Guidance on how to book your Summer Course and the payment options available.
Terms and Conditions – Summer Artisan Workshops
Summer Artisan Workshops – booking terms and conditions for 2024.
FAQs – Summer Artisan Workshops
We've provided some frequently asked questions which we hope will support any questions you may have prior to booking your course.