You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
- Evening and weekend courses
- Filmmaking and Production
- Adobe Premiere Pro – An Introduction
Adobe Premiere Pro – An Introduction
Adobe Premiere Pro is a powerful tool used by filmmakers and editors, to combine video, audio and still images. On this 10-week course, you’ll master it.
To book your place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for short course updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Tuesday 16 January – 19 March 2024
How long is the course?
What time will your classes be?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
You'll be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course suitable for?
This course has been developed for creatives and aspiring filmmakers aged 18+.
Perfect for anyone who has a passion to learn and develop their filmmaking and editing skills.
It's suitable if you're a beginner or if you've some previous experience with editing and wish to develop your skills further.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications?
This is an introductory course, so no previous knowledge or experience is required.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us: email@example.com or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
All course materials and resources except your headphones.
Are there any additional costs?
You'll need to provide your own headphones. This'll incur an additional cost if you need to purchase a set for the course.
Please note, you may find it beneficial to practice your skills in between sessions. To do this, you’ll need to have access to a computer with Adobe Premier Pro installed. You can get a 7-day free trial from Adobe after which you can purchase the software for £51.98 per month.
What should you bring to class?
- A pair of headphones
- Notebook and pens/pencils to take notes
Why should you choose this course?
- Come away with enhanced knowledge, skills, and confidence to edit, compile and create your own films using Adobe Premier Pro
- Gain hands-on experience experimenting with different techniques and working with Adobe Premier Pro
- Experiment with a range of different tools to enable you to edit and manipulate footage and images with ease
- Gain an understanding of the principles of editing and leave with a strong portfolio of work that shows off your newly developed skills
- Develop your technical skills and unique creative voice
- Receive expert support and guidance from your industry professional tutor at every turn
- Leave with increased confidence and the skills to continue acting beyond the course
- Study in an encouraging and friendly setting alongside 14 like-minded creatives
About this course
Adobe Premiere Pro is a powerful and industry-standard tool used by filmmakers and editors, to combine video, audio and still images. Mastering this software will enable you to develop your knowledge in film editing and compilation.
Understanding how to use Adobe Premiere Pro gives you many advantages and means you’ll have total control over the vast number of effects and tools available within the program and be able to utilise them efficiently.
On this course you'll learn how to edit clips and sequences, add and manipulate effects and transitions, work with audio tracks, and export your results to a variety of formats.
Through a series of exciting projects and workshops you'll learn about starting a new project, organisation and managing clips and sequences in the timeline, editing tools, video effects, colour correction and grading, titles, and motion, exporting film and more.
Whether you're passionate about moving image or wish to build your skills in film editing, this course will give you a strong portfolio that shows off your skills and the confidence to start your own projects.
Each session will cover a specific area and will be followed by a practical mini-brief to enable you to practise your newly developed skills.
By the end of the course, you're guaranteed to work faster, more flexibly and orchestrate larger projects.
- Get to grips with the Premiere Pro workspaces, including editing, effects, and colour correction
- Non-linear editing in the timeline
- Colour correction and grading, including LUTs
- Transitions and special effects
- Titles and animations
- In-app audio correction
- Exporting and codecs
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the Adobe Premier Pro software, be able to navigate it with ease and utilise the tools efficiently
- Understand the fundamental elements of editing and film manipulation
- Have a strong portfolio of work that showcases your newly developed skills
- Have increased confidence in your own skills and feel inspired
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore your ideas, remembering that there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- Possess the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance. To request your certificate contact the short courses team: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01202 363222.
After this course, you could:
- Continue to harness your creativity and develop your skills further; consider getting behind the camera in our Creative Filmmaking and Editing – an Introduction short course
- Broaden your creative horizons and try your hand at a range of disciplines; explore our full range of evening and weekend courses
- Continue to develop your skills at home as a hobby
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- You'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you
How to Enrol
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.