You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
- Evening and weekend courses
- 3D Design, Modelmaking and Sculpture
- Blender 3D Creation Suite – an Introduct...
Blender 3D Creation Suite – an Introduction
Blender gives you the freedom to create. This introductory 15-week summer course will equip you with all the tools you need to conquer Blender and elevate your 3D design capabilities.
To book your place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for short course updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Wednesday 17 January – 24 April 2024
How long is the course?
What time will your classes be?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
You'll be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course suitable for?
This course has been developed for aspiring designers and modelmakers aged 18+.
Perfect for anyone who's interested in developing their digital modelling skills, learning new techniques and gaining confidence when it comes to creating digitally.
It's suitable if you're a beginner or if you've some previous experience with Blender 3D and wish to develop your skills further.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications?
This is an introductory course, so no previous knowledge or experience is required.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
All course materials and resources.
Are there additional costs?
There are no additional costs for this course; all equipment and materials will be provided by AUB.
What should you bring to class?
During your classes you'll use AUB computers, however please bring your own laptop if you would prefer to use your own device.
Blender is a free software and can be downloaded onto your own device for use outside of the course.
Why should you choose this course?
- All software and course resources included in the course fee – no hidden costs!
- Gain a comprehensive introduction to the user interface and navigation of Blender
- Develop your understanding of the possibilities in Blender as well as practical skills and knowledge to use in the real world
- Advance your problem-solving skills
- Receive expert support and guidance from your industry professional tutor at every turn
- Leave with increased confidence and the skills to continue creating beyond the course
- Study in an encouraging and friendly setting alongside 14 like-minded creatives
About this course
During this practical course you'll be introduced to the essential tools and techniques needed to broaden your skills and introduce you to the boundless possibilities and avenues that Blender offers the creative artist.
This fascinating software supports the entire process of 3D creation, including modelling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation.
This cutting-edge course will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to Blender, where you'll explore a wide variety of topics. This includes understanding the user interface, navigation, topology, 3D mesh modelling, rigging and animation, drivers, constraints, modifiers, shaders and texturing, through to rendering in real time, AI tools, selling your 3D art and more.
Ideally you'll relish understanding the technical knowledge involved to comprehend the mechanics behind what you do. This is important as you gain a deeper understanding of the program, which shall assist you gaining the crucial problem-solving skills.
This course is structured in a way to give you the freedom to choose what you want to learn based on the concepts you’ve been taught. Sessions will include a range of demonstrations, practical tasks, examples, and background theory to help build your knowledge and allow you to continue creating beyond this course. Additionally, your tutor will help you set up an individual plan, to improve your skills and to assist you further after you’ve completed this 15-week course.
- How to use Blender as a beginner without being overwhelmed
- Knowledge of different industries (Architecture, 3D Printing, Games, Metaverse, Beauty, etc.)
- How to research and use references
- Mindset building and getting into the habit of creating
- Production pipelines and workflows
- Additional resources to texture and shade your models
- Modelling techniques (box modelling, polygon modelling, numbs and curves modelling, sculpting, boolean and modular modelling and more)
- How to utilise your new skills and advice on securing employment using Blender
- Possess improved artistic and digital creation skills
- Understand fundamental principles of creating digital models
- Possess comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Blender's capabilities and how to use its tools effectively and efficiently to execute your ideas
- Have increased confidence in your own skills and feel inspired
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore your ideas, remembering that there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- Possess the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
- Leave with a range of beautiful pieces designed and created by you
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance.
After this course, you could:
- Continue to harness your creativity and develop your modelling skills further; explore our full range of 3D Design and Modelmaking short courses
- Broaden your creative horizons and try your hand at a range of disciplines; explore our full range of evening and weekend courses
- Continue to develop your skills at home as a hobby
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- You'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Blender 3D in action
On this course you'll learn how to efficiently and effectively navigate the Blender interface, and will test and hone your skills through various design projects. You'll develop skills that enable you to add texture and shade to your models, as well as understand how to choose complimentary colour palettes and apply them like a pro.
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you
How to Enrol
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.