You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
This exciting course encourages young artists to be curious, playful, and unleash their creative voice.
To book your young artist's place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for summer course updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Your young artist will study with us for five full days and each day will include six hours' worth of teaching, with breaks for snacks and lunch.
Plus, there's a bonus exhibition on the Friday immediately following the final day of teaching. The exhibition lasts for two hours, 16.00-18.00.
Friends and family are invited to attend the showcase so you can see what your young artist has been up to.
Please note, this course will run twice across the summer.
29 July – 2 August 2024
19 – 23 August 2024
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus Monday–Friday.
Your young artist will be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course for?
This course has been developed for young creative artists aged 10-12 years.
Your young artist doesn't need any previous creative experience.
Why should your young artist choose this course?
This course is designed for budding creatives to be curious, playful, and eager to learn more about and immerse themselves in the creative arts.
Your young artist will learn alongside up to 20 other like-minded children, make friends, and have fun along the way.
At the end of the course, your young artist will leave with an increased confidence in their abilities, have a wealth of new skills that they can apply to their everyday life and beyond, and an excitement for future art and design studies.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
- All course materials and resources
What should your young artist bring to class?
- Everything your mini-maker will need to take part in the course will be provided – no hidden costs!
- Your artist will need to bring a packed lunch with them every day, along with any drinks and snacks
- Come prepared to get messy – classes will be practical and young artists will be getting stuck in each day
- We discourage young artists from bringing valuables – e.g. phones and tablets – onto campus, as they'll be learning all around the campus and any valuables are therefore left in classrooms at the owners' risk
About this course
This highly practical and vibrant multi-disciplinary course focuses on experimentation, exploration, and supporting individual creativity. Young creatives will learn in an inclusive environment that provides enjoyment and excitement through a captivating series of activities designed for young creatives to harness imagination and gain confidence.
During this exciting and highly engaging course, your young artist will be encouraged to set their imagination free, find their creative expression and we'll nurture their talent to the fullest.
Our young creative artists will spend a jam-packed week immersed in our creative, inclusive, and vibrant campus, studying alongside other summer students.
Each day your aspiring artist will learn new skills and processes in art, design, and crafting techniques, where our tutors will unleash their natural style, ability, and flair to enable them to build on their existing skills as well as develop new ones, with the aim of supporting creative identity and confidence to the fullest.
Taught by specially selected tutors who are both practising artists and specialist young-learner tutors, your young artist will take full advantage of our superb facilities and studios, in which they'll create and share their work in an encouraging and considerate environment. Great care is also taken to ensure all young artists are included, respected, and fully supported throughout the duration of the course.
- Sketching, drawing and painting
- Charcoal and plein air painting
- Sculpting and moulding
- Mixed media workshops
- Mark-making and mono-printing
- Collage and juxtaposition
- Design and modelmaking
- Character design
- Illustration and graphics
- Have increased confidence in their own skills
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Untap their potential and talent
- Have improved artistic abilities, skills and knowledge
- Appreciate teamwork and team building ethics
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore their ideas
- Feel inspired by the new skills they've learnt and from sharing ideas with new friends
- Have the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance.
After this course, your young artist could:
- Continue to harness their creativity; explore our full range of Saturday Art School courses to see where your creative journey will take you next
- Consider their next creative steps and explore options to study a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design or a BA (Hons) degree
- Continue to develop their skills at home as a hobby
- Your young artist will study at a leading specialist university – so we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so your young artist will learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding your young artist back
- They'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- Young artists will benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, plus use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash their creativity
Creative Artists in action
Check out our Creative Artists in action working in our specialist studio spaces with industry-standard equipment. Your young artist will undertake a variety of exciting and imaginative projects that'll include working with a range of mediums. They'll be guided every step of the way by our expert tutors.
Creative Artists gallery
Your young artists will develop a range of new art and design skills and techniques working in a variety of different mediums. They'll try their hand at different disciplines too, including drawing, painting, collage, character design, illustration, sculpting, and modelmaking.