You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
What you need to know
When does it run?
You can study this course in either the autumn or spring term. Choose your preferred term when booking.
Autumn term 2023
Thursday 5 October – 7 December 2023
Spring term 2024
Thursday 18 January – 21 March 2024
How long is the course?
What time will your classes be?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
You'll be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course suitable for?
This course has been developed for creatives and aspiring marketers aged 18+.
Perfect for anyone who has a passion to learn and develop their skills.
It's suitable if you're a beginner or if you've some previous experience and wish to develop your skills further.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications?
This is an introductory course, so no previous knowledge or experience is required.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us: email@example.com or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
All course materials and resources.
Are there additional costs?
No, all course materials and resources are included in your course fee.
What should you bring to class?
- A notebook and pen/pencils to take notes
Why should you choose this course?
- Come away with enhanced knowledge, skills, and confidence to create your own digital marketing campaigns
- Learn the marketing fundamentals so you can confidently tackle your topic of interest and apply best practise principles
- Explore a wide range of different elements of marketing, including branding, SEO, email, paid advertising and PPC, building a website for your business
- Discover different marketing strategies, including how and when to use them for maximum effect
- Get to grips with marketing terms such as PPC, CPC, SEO, ROI and more
- Learn how to track data from your marketing campaigns and interpret it effectively
- Develop your technical skills and unique creative voice
- Receive expert support and guidance from your industry professional tutor at every turn
- Leave with increased confidence and the skills to continue creating beyond the course
- Study in an encouraging and friendly setting alongside 20 like-minded creatives
About this course
This hands-on 10-week course this course will delve into all things digital marketing, covering the foundations of marketing, strategies, branding, search engine optimisation, social media. As well as creating content, building websites and so much more.
On this course, you’ll be taught how to use digital tools to achieve your goals of getting your business seen in searches and moving up the rankings.
Whether you’ve experience in marketing or looking to build up your skills, you'll learn the latest digital marketing techniques that have been tried and tested, as well as new, emerging approaches.
Your tutor will encourage and build your confidence in using a variety of different channels, all of which you may choose to incorporate into your marketing strategy. Throughout the course, you'll develop skills and ideas to achieve your digital marketing goals and see the success come to life.
- Brand foundations and analysing competitors
- Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Content marketing, blogging and social media
- Email marketing
- Paid advertising and PPC (Google Ads/social media)
- Planning a website and how to build landing pages
- Building a website for your business and choosing effective add-ons (Wix/WordPress)
- Introduction to user experience (UX)
- Data and analytics (Google Analytics, Hotjar, and more)
- Inbound marketing and CRM management
- Create an end-to-end marketing strategy in a group which aligns with the brief supplied
- Be able to demonstrate a wide range of marketing principles and techniques to create your own campaigns with confidence
- Possess the skills to use a variety of different channels and know how and when to use them for maximum effect
- Have experience building your own website
- Know how to track the data from your marketing campaign and how to interpret it to measure success
- Have increased confidence in your own skills and feel inspired
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore your ideas, remembering that there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- Possess the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance. To request your certificate contact the short courses team: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01202 363222.
After this course, you could:
- Continue to harness your creativity and develop your business skills further; explore our full range of Business, Marketing and Web Publishing short courses
- Broaden your creative horizons and try your hand at a range of disciplines; explore our full range of evening and weekend courses
- Continue to develop your skills at home as a hobby
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- You'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Meet your tutor
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you
How to Enrol
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.