You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
10 Wednesday evenings
What you need to know
When does it run?
Wednesday 4 October – 6 December 2023
How long is the course?
What time will your classes be?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus
You'll be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course suitable for?
This course has been developed for creatives and aspiring 3D designers aged 18+.
Perfect for anyone who has a passion to learn and develop their 3D design skills.
It's suitable if you're a beginner or if you've some previous experience with 3D design or Fusion 360 and wish to develop your skills further.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications?
This is an introductory course, so no previous knowledge or experience is required.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us: email@example.com or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
All course materials and resources.
Are there any additional costs?
No, all materials and resources are included in your course fee.
What should you bring to class?
- A notebook and pen/pencils for taking notes
Why should you choose this course?
- Improve your design abilities
- Come away with enhanced knowledge, skills, and confidence to create in 3D
- Develop an understanding of the 3D printing process and different 3D printers
- Learn the fundamental elements of designing in 3D, including basic modelling techniques
- Get to grips designing digitally using Fusion 360 software
- Develop your technical skills and unique creative voice
- Receive expert support and guidance from your industry professional tutor at every turn
- Leave with increased confidence and the skills to continue creating beyond the course
- Study in an encouraging and friendly setting alongside 12 like-minded creatives
10 Wednesday evenings
About this course
This innovative 10-week course will teach you how to use Fusion 360, an industry-standard software for 3D modelling, and you'll be guided to take your ideas from a simple concept and turn them into 3D printable designs.
You'll be expertly guided by your tutor through both simple and more advanced techniques using Fusion 360, making this the perfect starting point for anyone wishing to explore the world of 3D Design and 3D Printing.
Throughout the course you'll be provided with an overview of the basic operations within Fusion 360. This includes exploring the interface, best practices, sketching, extruding, sculpting and surface modelling.
Fusion 360 is a cloud-based 3D modelling, CAD, CAM, CAE, and PCB software platform for professional product design and manufacturing. You can use it to design and engineer products to your exact specifications and aesthetics, including form, fit, and function.
You'll also be introduced to the core concepts of 3D Printing. This includes learning how to prepare files, introducing slicing software such as Cura, introduction to different types of printers and you'll have the opportunity to 3D print your designs.
- Introduction to Fusion 360 software
- Exploring the Fusion 360 interface
- Basic modelling techniques
- Introduction to the timeline
- Saving and exporting files from Fusion 360
- An Introduction to 3D printing and different types of 3D printers
- Introduction to
- slicing software and how to prepare a file for printing
- Understanding different materials
- 3D printing objects
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Fusion 360, the 3D design process, and the 3D print process
- Be able to prepare a file for 3D printing
- Understand and have developed a range of 3D modelling techniques that you feel confident using to create your products
- Have a sound understanding of different materials
- Be confident designing in 3D and taking your ideas from concept through to finished product
- Have increased confidence in your own skills and feel inspired
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore your ideas, remembering that there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- Possess the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance. To request your certificate contact the short courses team: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01202 363222.
After this course, you could:
- Continue to harness your creativity and develop your skills further; explore our full range of 3D Design and Modelmaking short courses
- Broaden your creative horizons and try your hand at a range of disciplines; explore our full range of evening and weekend courses
- Continue to develop your skills at home as a hobby
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- You'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Meet your tutor
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you
How to Enrol
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.