Data that we collect from you
- records of any correspondence you may have with us (for example, if you send us an email)
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, for example when applying for a course or to book a place on open days or when requesting a brochure
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, which would include booking and paying for courses through our online store
- any other information that you choose to send to us
The personal data that we collect from you via our website is stored on our servers in the United Kingdom. It may be processed by our staff and by contractors and suppliers who work for us. We will ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act and this privacy statement.
How we may use this information
- to ensure that material on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to provide you with information, materials and services that you request from us
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can support, improve and develop our business
- to carry out any obligations we may have to you
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website
- to communicate with you on any matter relating to our website
- for various administrative functions connected with our website and goods and services we offer
Disclosure of your data
The data you provide to us will be treated as confidential. However, we may disclose your data to other third parties (including suppliers) who act for us for the purposes set out in the statement or for purposes for which you have given permission.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the data you provide to us without your consent.
A cookie is a piece of data stored by a website within a browser for use within that website to enable a mechanism for remembering browser actions. This helps us to track your activity on our web pages, to find out how it is being used and to assess its usefulness. Data about you is not collected during the tracking process.
Most browsers have cookies enabled by default.
If you wish to disable cookies on our website or all sites you can set your cookie preferences for your browser. However, disabling cookies may affect your experience browsing our website.
Link to enable/disable cookies page
We also use third party persistent cookies from Google Analytics to track how you get to our site and your activity on the site so that we can improve our business processes. These are as follows:
|Cookie Name||Purpose||Length Held|
|_utma||Assigns a unique ID to track every new visitor||2 years or until browser deletion|
|_utmb||Establish a user session on the website and updates on every new page view||30 mins from creation/update|
|_utmc||Used historically in conjunction with _utmb to determine if a new session needs to be established||Expires on browser exit|
|_utmz||Stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your website i.e. website search, email hyperlink etc.||6 months from creation/update|
Third Party Websites
We employ security measures to protect your data from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
We are required to ensure the information we hold is accurate: please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your contact details.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or believe we have not adhered to the above criteria, please contact email@example.com.