I began working in the film industry in 1979. Having graduated from the Royal College of Art Film School in 1983 with a Masters Degree in Film and Television. I started directing, editing and shooting a variety of projects including films, documentaries, music videos and commercials and corporate work. I am currently Senior Lecturer in Editing on the BA Film Production Course at the Arts University of Bournemouth Film School.I am also currently in the final stages of post production on a feature film I directed: The Turtle and the Sea, in 2014. I directed the Documentary Feature “Never trouble trouble…” in 2018. In addition to my directing skills I have also been a off and on line Avid editor for the last 20 years and have worked as an Avid trainer in Sarajevo, as a Film Reviewer, and I also shoot HD and have my own kit. Currently based at the Popular Society in Berwick Street where I edit on Avid and FCP.Most recently I have been teaching Avid at Bournemouth Film School, directing music videos for Kee Marcello and producing corporate content for the Trader Media Group. Currently working with Lutz Becker on a multi-media 3 screen presentation of Alexander Dovchenkos work for a the Kiev Biennale and shooting for Hooligan a feature length documentary directed by Donal MacIntyre and Gerry Easter. I have also been Technical consultant on Hassan Hajjaj’s 3 Screen project “My Rockstars” which is now part of the LA County Museum permanent collection.
Senior Lecturer in Editing BA Film Production Masters Degree in Film and Television Royal College of Art graduated 1983
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2016
Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice (Southampton) 2018
|Sept 2014||The Turtle and the Sea (feature film)||Director/Editor|
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (2016)
- The Buddah International Film Festival "Best Director" (2018)
- The Maykop International Film Festival "Best Feature Film" " (2018)
- Five Continents International Film Festival "Best Indie Feature" (2018)
- Virgin Spring Cinefest "Winner Silver Award Narrative Feature" (2018)
- Calcutta International Cult Film Festival "Winner Cult Classic Award" (2018)
- Birmingham International Film Festival "Best Local Film" (2016)
- Arts Council of Great Britain (1980–1980)
- Arts Council of Great Britain (1979–1979)
Research Specialism is into how to increase the job opportunities for Graduating Students in the UK Film Industry by looking into embedding professional qualifications into the current taught curriculum.