Invited speaker at ‘Objects Matter: Design Education and Learning through Objects in the Museum – a one-day workshop that focused on object handling in design education. The aim of the workshop was to bring together experts in design education, museum learning, design history, contextual studies, and design pedagogy to explore the ways in which objects can be employed as important tools for learning and teaching design and contextual studies in Higher and Further Education’
– the use of objects as powerful pedagogical tools to facilitate learning
– Object-Based Learning (OBL) in higher education.
– objects as a catalyst to develop creative teaching ideas and invaluable learning
– Objects as invaluable research tools
– how objects can provoke surprise and consternation – and delight and disgust