Andrew is the Subject Librarian, covering the subjects of architecture, fashion, fine art, graphic design, interior architecture and modelmaking. He works with staff and students to improve learning and teaching through research and information skills.Andrew has previously works national museums and libraries, and before starting his role at AUB was an Assistant Librarian at the City of London Libraries, Archives and Art Gallery.
Andrew’s areas of professional practice and interest cover:
- Creative applications of information literacy
- Conceptual approached to information literacy
- Domain specific information behaviour
- Metadata, taxonomy and information retrieval
Andrew is currently a committee member on the Architecture Librarians Group in the United Kingdom and organized the group’s conference at the Arts University Bournemouth in 2015.
He has presented at the 2016 ARCLIB Conference held at Glasgow School of Art/University of Strathclyde on using ideas from literary theory and philosophy to teach bibliography and citation.
- Committe Member, Architecture Librarians Group