Will I have to pay for the course?
Whether you pay tuition and exam registration fees will depend upon your age on 31st August of the year that your course commences:
- If you are under 19 and a new student, you will not have to pay tuition fees or exam registration fee.
- If you are over 19 and a new student, the tuition fee for the course in 2017/18 will be £5,421 (full time) per annum.
- If you are an international student you will have to pay tuition fees and exam registration fee. Our International Fees page will provide you with specific details.
Can I get a loan?
- If you are under 19 you will not be eligible for a student loan as this course is classified as further education.
- If you are 19 and over you may be able to apply for a loan to fund these fees and there are no upfront tuition fees to pay for these students. This could be funded by Advanced Learning Loans, information can be found on the GOV.UK website.
Are there any additional costs?
The resources used on arts, design or media courses are extensive and can be quite expensive.
The Registration and Material fees for the Foundation Diploma 2017/18 are:
|Exam Registration Fee||Material fee|
|UK/EU under 19||Not applicable||£300|
|UK/EU 19 and over||£140||Not applicable|
|Overseas and Islands||£140||Not applicable|
There may be some support available to you, please see the funding section.
You will be required to pay a small annual course material fee to cover the cost of the supplies you will use throughout the year.