The Diploma in Art & Design – Foundation Studies Programme is delighted to have achieved the ‘Outstanding’ rating in its 2018 Ofsted inspection.
AUB achieved the ‘Outstanding’ rating for Overall Effectiveness and in all four criteria; effectiveness of leadership and management, quality of teaching, learning and assessment, personal development, behaviour and welfare and outcomes for learners.
Key findings of the Ofsted report included:
- Students on the Foundation Programme benefit substantially from the resources and ethos of the university, which contribute to their high levels of progress.
- Teachers have substantial commercial and industrial expertise that is directly relevant to their teaching, benefiting the students significantly.
- Students develop excellent skills that prepare them very well for higher education and employment.
- The curriculum, teaching, resources and programme of visiting practitioners are very well planned, with a very effective focus on shaping students’ career and higher education choices.
- Students develop high levels of creativity and professional practice, including an excellent understanding of an artist’s responsibility to behave ethically.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor at AUB, Professor Emma Hunt, said: “We are thrilled to have achieved this excellent rating in our most recent Ofsted inspection. This result is testament both to the hard work and dedication of our staff and the creativity and enthusiasm of our talented students and secures excellent teaching in all our provision.
“In 2017, AUB celebrated the Gold award, the highest rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The TEF is a new scheme for recognising excellent teaching.”
Discover more about our Foundation Diploma Programmes.