There’s an ongoing outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
The Coronavirus originated in Wuhan City, Hubei Province but cases have been confirmed in other parts of China and around the world, including the first cases in the UK. In light of the latest medical information, the foreign office is advising against all but essential travel to Wuhan City and many flights to mainland China have been cancelled.
If you have returned from China in the last 14 days:
- Do not come to campus, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people
- If you develop a fever, difficulty breathing or a cough, contact NHS by telephoning 111 to inform them of your recent travel
The risk to AUB students and staff is low, but all students, staff and visitors should follow usual good practice to minimise the spread of germs:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze
- Bin the tissue and wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser gel
- Wash your hands frequently throughout the day and avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
If you have any questions please telephone AUB’s Student Services on 01202 363780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.